2. Nick markakis
    3 adam jones
    4 vladimir guerrerro
    5 mark reynolds
    6. luke scott
    7 derrek lee
    8 matt wieters
    9 jj hardy

Not too bad. Getting roberts back healthy, adding vlad, reynolds. lee. Alot of speed, runs, homeruns also. There 4 -7 might lead the league in hr

Only problem is there pitching staff
    J guthrie
    b matusz
    j duchescherer
    j arrieta
    b bergesen
    relief p
    m gonz, uehara, j johnson, accardo, k gregg

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

"The only problem is their pitching staff" is like saying the only problem the Titanic had was an iceberg!

No pitching = no winning...

Doc
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll, cant call it, and BuddyBear

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Please stop psycin my favorite team. We might do some tings but at the end of the day we wont be in the playoffs so thats 10000000BILLION wasted on the Orioles year in year out.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Pitching is a big problem. I do see an improvement, and a few good wins vs Sox and Yankees, but not a huge season ahead.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

they will be asleep before the season starts

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

ok ill make a post saying, sleeper: philadelphia phillies

then plus there p aint that bad

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

that lineup has the right guys, but the order is all wrong.

rotation has great potential, but as o's fans are all too familiar with, alot of that talent never breaks through.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

definately going to be fun to watch this year.....Matusz is a thoroughbread

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

It's been said already, but they just don't have the pitching staff. Their bullpen is horrid.

tdog152
    tdog152's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

that division is too tough they wont finish in the top three
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I think Brian Matuz could have a huge breakout year...future ace
    Duscherer is actually really underrated if healthy... ugly game, but he gets it done... moneyball
    I like Guthrie as a solid #3. Usually has decent outings and gives his team a chance to win. O's were awful hitting ly, better ty

The O's look like an OVER team with that lineup... with Guthrie giving his team a shot to win that lineup should produce. I think Mark Reyonlds is garbage and he'll have to hit at least .240 or else is value sucks. Luke Scott is better than his stats say. Markakis is a smart patient hitter and better than his stats say ( awesome arm in the outfield), Jones is a good young outfielder. Lee and Vlad could both hit over .300. Vlad still has some left in the tank, I'm telling you. Wieters is a young guy improving. Roberts is a fire cracker. I like it with exception to Mark Reynolds. He's got to get better.

I think if those 3 pitchers step up then the O's could do something this year because that lineup looks good.

onetrickpony

this team will lead the majors in strikeouts, wish there was a prop like that, reynolds is awful, vlad is old, roberts coming back from injury so thats a question mark, lee is washed up had a chance with a playoff team but sucked balls, the rest of them are non factors

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Orioles have a decent team, just in the wrong division.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The Orioles will be asleep in 5th all year.

Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10099

Os may get out of the bottom this season.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

yes pony, jones, wieters, markakis, hardy are non-factors

rebounding from injuries has never really been a issue for roberts in the past, he usually gets plugged right in and produces like he hasn't missed a beat. obviously chief concern with him is whether he can STAY healthy.

vlad is old? did you not watch him last year? yes i know, ballpark in arlington, but camden is equally as hitter friendly, its amazing it doesn't have the rep an arlington does.

i do agree with the SO comment, reynolds will no doubt lead the league in SOs and you have impatient guys like scott and jones. but it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the top 5 in HRs.

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    yes pony, jones, wieters, markakis, hardy are non-factors rebounding from injuries has never really been a issue for roberts in the past, he usually gets plugged right in and produces like he hasn't missed a beat. obviously chief concern with him is whether he can STAY healthy. vlad is old? did you not watch him last year? yes i know, ballpark in arlington, but camden is equally as hitter friendly, its amazing it doesn't have the rep an arlington does. i do agree with the SO comment, reynolds will no doubt lead the league in SOs and you have impatient guys like scott and jones. but it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the top 5 in HRs.
    this is why this team will never amount to anything in the al, they give up at bats (SO) for homers not the trade off that wins ball games.

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

Orioles have young arms that should keep improving. Important vets stay healthy. Don't sell Showalter short. Plus .500 record would make it a successful season.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Pitching was a strong point during the short tenure of Showalter.

Actually starting pitching was a strong point. One of their better bullpen guys, killed someone in S. America though. So the Bully might suffer.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    this is why this team will never amount to anything in the al, they give up at bats (SO) for homers not the trade off that wins ball games.
    you in chat?

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    check out this lineup, might be better than any team they've ever had

1. Brian Roberts
    2. Nick markakis
    3 adam jones
    4 vladimir guerrerro
    5 mark reynolds
    6. luke scott
    7 derrek lee
    8 matt wieters
    9 jj hardy

Not too bad. Getting roberts back healthy, adding vlad, reynolds. lee. Alot of speed, runs, homeruns also. There 4 -7 might lead the league in hr

Only problem is there pitching staff
    J guthrie
    b matusz
    j duchescherer
    j arrieta
    b bergesen
    relief p
    m gonz, uehara, j johnson, accardo, k gregg
    is that really their batting order? yahoo shows this
    1. 2B Brian Roberts
    2. RF Nick Markakis
    3. 1B Derrek Lee
    4. DH Vladimir Guerrero(notes)
    5. LF Luke Scott
    6. CF Adam Jones
    7. 3B Mark Reynolds
    8. C Matt Wieters
    9. SS J.J. Hardy

onetrickpony

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    you in chat?
    yeah buddy i will pm u a private chat

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    ok ill make a post saying, sleeper: philadelphia phillies then plus there p aint that bad
    You dont have to say phillies are the sleeper, but you can say oakland are the sleeper in a division where they have to fight the AL champs and the LAA that have one of the best pitching staff and good bats also. But really saying the oriols are the sleepers in a division where they will not compete against boston neither nyy its insane.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

That lineup has a fantastic shot at setting the MLB record for most strikeouts in a season...

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I think Brian Matuz could have a huge breakout year... I think Mark Reyonlds is garbage and he'll have to hit at least .240 or else is value sucks.
    IMO Reynolds will have a huge huge year.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I think this will be a really streaky team to be honest. I like Showalter managing these guys, but you have to know that they'll be some shaky times early on.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    That lineup has a fantastic shot at setting the MLB record for most strikeouts in a season...
    Last years Diamondbacks were more brutal than what the Orioles are trotting out this year.

Mark Reynolds will keep it close though. Guy is a human fan. Wiff.. whiff.. whiff. If he swung, and missed any harder a tornado would spawn from one of his strikeouts.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Their problem isn't their pitching staff...their problem is the division they play in. They could have a very good year and still finish in 4th place with.

The Red Sox are much improved this year, the Yankees will hit their way through the regular season, and while the Rays are going to take a step back they still have some talent on that team and Madden gets them to play tough game in and game out.

The Blue Jays are probably the only team in the American League East that is taking a step back this year. The division might be even more brutal than it has been in the past few years.....

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

orioles have no pitching and when you have gregg in the bullpen you know its gonna be a very long year for the o's

5th in the east

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

lot of recognizable names. but they are mostly have beens, kids not living up to their potential, or over-rated players.

unless 7-8 guys have career years in their old age or whatever. I don't see much happening

JuniorAnalyst
    JuniorAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Take the overs on the orioles. Theyll get decent runs and let even more past them

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

you forgot the ace. chris tillman

Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed. Overs are the way to go, in theory

i'm pretty sure the market will be on top of this....and linesmakers might be shading the overs.

so in reality unders might have value for a few weeks

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

the lineup is full of old players who are way past prime. Dont see much with this club, although Id love to see the somewhere else other than the cellar of the AL East

Fitz22
    Fitz22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Hoping for a .500 + season and compete for 3rd place vs the rays. I think we should just be more realistic. Once the O's are over .500 and return next year, some pitchers will eye the o's as a competitor and will sign. I would look for the O's to compete for the wild card in 2012.

12 Last