cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Report has Matt Painter to Mizzu

Matt Painter To Missouri For 7 Years, $14 Million, According To Report

Mar 28 7:58p by Joel Thorman
    On Monday evening a reporter from the Fort Wayne News Sentinel reported that he was "hearing" Matt Painter left Purdue accepted the head coaching job with the Missouri Tigers. There was no follow-up from him or a post on the paper's website.
    So many didn't believe him. Maybe he was just swinging for the fences on that one but Dick Weiss of the NY Daily News also reports Painter is headed to Missouri and includes some numbers in the deal lending it some more credibility:
    matt painter to missouri 7 yrs 14 mill' tigers got a great coach will purdue make a pitch for brad stevens
    After the Mike Anderson story the last couple weeks, remember that nothing is official until you see him up there at the podium during his introductory press conference.
    (And what's the irony in a reporter from another state reporting this after the Oklahoma reports last week?)
    Mizzou was reportedly ready to give former coach Mike Anderson an extension that would put his contract at seven years and $2 million annually. This would appear to be a similar contract.
    If the report is accurate, then we should expect some sort of announcement from Mizzou. Reports indicated that Mizzou officials were meeting with Painter sometime on Monday so the timeline on this report makes sense. Other reports said Mizzou was bringing the necessary paperwork to the meeting to get a deal done.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Wow. That'd be interesting...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

That's a huge reach on Missouri's part..monetarily...but they're desperate. Gutsy call for Painter, but when you're guaranteed $14 Million...money talks. That might be Purdue's reasoning for letting him walk...they would rather pay Stevens big money...than Painter.

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Matt Painter To Missouri For 7 Years

csm506
    csm506's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting let's see if this will happen

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

That is a good pickup by the Tigers. I like it here in St. Louis.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

i like the move, i would say its an upgrade over anderson actually. from a mizzou student's perspective, i have been so tired of hearing that anderson is leaving every offseason, anderson also publicly said he wanted to retire in columbia a week ago. i think we went about as far as anderson's system was going to go to be honest