megamillionslose
    megamillionslose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3740

Greed!!

Why should conference tourney CHUMPS with a mediocre season record get an automatic bid into the NCAA tourney?Why don't the 68 tourney teams simply pick their opponent out of a hat like the KY Derby draw for post positions?BIG MONEY TV CONTRACTS!That's why!Teams like Butler & VA Commonwealth deserve to have a legit chance to make the semifinals of the NCAA tourney each & every year.Unfortunately all the MONEY WHORES have FIXED it so it's virtually impossible for that to happen!Bookies worldwide breaking out the champagne & cigars with all the future money they just cleaned up on since all the top seeds have been knocked out before the semis.Definitely glad to see that happen for once in my lifetime!

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

don't care...it's just like playing lottery..fkin random...my friend makes a good point...when u see this crap..it's time to either have the better teams at home in the early stages of tournie play or cut down this field..64 teams too many..it really makes a mock out of the better teams cause u lose one game ur gone..fwiw i didn't bet Knasas..instead uim playing the ny lotto..

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Zeta it will be the complete opposite.

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

f**k tv ratings!!! Congrats VCU & Butler

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

I like it, one more chance for one of the loser schools to finally win a big one.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I'll watch the FF regardless of which teams are there. I'd much rather see these 8 and 11 seeds rather than the usual teams that have been there too often. It's good for the kids at Duke, Kansas, etc., to sit and home and wonder what it's like to be there.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yes more people hate some of the big teams too, and these teams are more nuetral.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

These kids don't care about winning the NC at big schools anymore. All they care about is collecting their paycheck one day.

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    Cbs executives ate more worried how they can bring back charlie sheen to 2 and a half men
    YUP

sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

last year with butler the fina four had its highest rating in 5 years

Butler had the highest rating in 11 years for the national title game

source: go learn how to perform a google search

Richards
    Richards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I think CBS wouldn't be happy of a Butler vs. VCU championship, but they'd be fine I think with a Butler vs. KY final for example, they can hype the hell out of the David v Goliath matchup, as Yisman, sparkyasu, and others have pointed out.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11917

i for one am glad we get to see different teams in the final four, not the same fukkin teams that make it every year, especially when mostly everyone did not have 3 of the 4 making it.

can't wait, will hopefully be in richmond this saturday to go nuts with the student body. they know how to party hard.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

People will watch jut like superbowl

Its an event now even for non sports fans and they do not give a fuk who is playing

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

guys have proven me wrong in thread.

mods delete this thread as i do not want this thread on my posting record

i take posting seriously and do not like when sharps like yisman and jjold bury me

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    will jump off a roof. the general public wants to watch household teams like kansas and duke in the big games. i am fairly knowledgeable about ncaa hoops and i have never even heard of vcu until this tournament

might be record low tv ratings.

who the fuk is shaka smart?? coach looks young enough to be my brother
    Hope someone has a camera rolling when they do.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

I don't know know about the average fan but i'm rooting hard for VCU. If Butler wins i'll root hard for them. I love the underdog story.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Stevens 28 million next year Smart 23 mill.
    Stevens is already locked up in a 12 year deal

BRAVES1985

i have Kentucky to win in a future bet but i kinda want butler to win because they were a shot away from winning last year. What a story that would be if they could win it this year

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by james4512 View Post
    cbs is fine because its not the national championship game when two mid major play each other in the national championship thats when it will get ugly bc there will be no david vs Goliath intrigue
    wrong..I think that's what everyone wants to see...or at least me. I'm sick of the big name teams winning every year.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

put your shirt back on

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    Stevens is already locked up in a 12 year deal
    you think he coaches at Butler 12 years get real?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

People like me could care less which College team goes to the Finals. Although UCLA or USC would have an impact on ratings, since they have so many ex alumni all over the world. Unlike Duke or UNC.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

This should be an interesting game.

BRAVES1985

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    you think he coaches at Butler 12 years get real?
    i was joking you fuk

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

zeta u dumb shit

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Butler's gonna win the championship

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

this could be the MOST watched game.....most people HEARD about VCU beating KANSAS..........now they want to SEE the hype....hate to say it but most older people who follow basketball missed that game....the rest of us were all over watching that game

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

...will be happy

or are happy

pittmatt80
    pittmatt80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I'm sorry but I want to see a small school get into the championship game. Thats what the tourney is all about anybody can win it. Don't think it will effect the ratings at all, regardless of who gets in out of the VCU and Butler game they will be up to the challenge of playing against UConn or Kentucky. The game will be close as well.

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

This has been the best march madness that I can remember. Most of the games were close. Lots of upsets.

This is the result of the BCS schools having all the kids who go pro after 1 or 2 years. It is like they are constantly rebuilding vs the Mid majors who have all kids who stay in school for 4 years. The talent difference between Mid majors and Big 6 conferences is growing smaller every year.

Get used to it b/c this will happen year after year unless the big 6 conferences do something about it. They undoubtably will when a team like VCU or Butler wins it all.

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I'm glad these two teams made it. Makes ESPN look like a bunch of fools for criticizing VCU when they got in.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    will jump off a roof. the general public wants to watch household teams like kansas and duke in the big games. i am fairly knowledgeable about ncaa hoops and i have never even heard of vcu until this tournament

might be record low tv ratings.

who the fuk is shaka smart?? coach looks young enough to be my brother
    If you hadn't heard of VCU until the tournament, then you aren't even a little knowledgeable about NCAA hoops. They were a bubble team in a conference that sent three bids to the dance. I hope you don't tell people you're a hoops junkie.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pittmatt80 View Post
    I'm sorry but I want to see a small school get into the championship game. Thats what the tourney is all about anybody can win it. Don't think it will effect the ratings at all, regardless of who gets in out of the VCU and Butler game they will be up to the challenge of playing against UConn or Kentucky. The game will be close as well.
    Exactly. Not sure why some people would rather see a team like Kansas or Duke in the finals rather than a team that has never (and may never again) gotten to the Final Four.

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

I think the VCU/Butler game might get lower ratings than usual, but I'll still be watching (as I'm sure most people here will be). The championship game will draw good numbers though, because regardless of who wins the Final Four matchups, it'll be another David vs. Goliath story, with Connecticut/Kentucky facing VCU/Butler.

First 12