lcscanada
    lcscanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going on MLB / NHL Roadtrip, please recommend parks/arenas for a Canadian

Hello neighbors. I will be going on a roadtrip solo this spring for a 2-3 week vacation.

I would like to concentrate on a specific area of the US and visit as many ballparks and hockey arenas as possible.

I would however like to avoid Boston and New York and save that for a seperate trip as it is concentrated enough with teams.

So should I visit the West coast, Mid states, or South East? What ballparks/arenas are worth checking out, and which ones should i pass on?

Thanks for the help

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Bud, you better get your ass in gear as hockey is almost over. You will have playoffs, but be prepared to pay more for tickets and it will limit your destinations.

Stay west coast.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Gotta go with the west coast. I would love to go to a Blazers playoff game this year and I hear Oregon is a great place to visit.

Sharks, Ducks and Kings are in the playoffs, I imagine those games would be a great time.

lcscanada
    lcscanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok great, I am not worried about cost, i may fly out to West coast then and rent a car and do those games. Always wanted to do a I-roadtrip...now is my chance...

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Hitting up a Blazers game and then driving down the coast to a Sharks game sounds like a great time.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Sharks and Giants, A's game probably not worth going...

dom75
    dom75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Not sure how you feel about the Houston astros, but Minutemaid Park in Houston is pretty nice. Good baseball atmosphere. Actually over the off season they did alot of upgrades including a huge scoreboard / big stadium screen. Just a thought.

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

you could make an upper-midwest trip. Target Field in Minny is excellent!.. then head east through wisconsin and you could see miller park, catch the cubs/white sox and see the blackhawks. The drive would kind of suck but its a straight shot on interstate94 east.