pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Florida coach is a dumbass

Butler's big guy fouls out. His best big man is 10/13 for the game. He never touches the ball in OT and his guards keep shooting NBA range and beyond 3's.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

fla laid the fukk down.

up 11 and as soon as butler made a run and got back in it they folded up the tent.

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

SEC

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

it's amazing how many of the college players don't have a clue about situational awareness. Down by 1 and taking long ass 3's.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    it's amazing how many of the college players don't have a clue about situational awareness. Down by 1 and taking long ass 3's.
    and dumb dumb fouls

most of these kids are dumb as a bag of rocks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

I can't really explain the 3s, but the reason Macklin didn't get the ball in OT was because he is a 44% FT shooter and Donovan was scared that he would get fouled as soon as he caught the ball, which would have been the smart thing for Butler to do.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by dabomguy11 View Post
    I can't really explain the 3s, but the reason Macklin didn't get the ball in OT was because he is a 44% FT shooter and Donovan was scared that he would get fouled as soon as he caught the ball, which would have been the smart thing for Butler to do.
    a player that hits 58% from the field and shoots 45% from the line has a better chance to score than a player that shoots 30% from the 3

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

a player that hits 58% from the field and shoots 45% from the line has a better chance to score than a player that shoots 30% from the 3
    not only that..they needed Matt Howard on offense so they wouldn't have sacrificed him hacking Macklin and sending him to the line.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

Was it the players or the coach that made those bad decisions?

Seems like everyone fukked it up

Paver, you had two bets at +180, stop complaining lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

new generation black athlete is uncoachable

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i agree with pavy, dumbass move in regulation too,, playing not to lose and take a dumb last second 3, not even me would do that

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

FLA shouldve kept feeding it down low. That little guy had no business taking those shots in OT.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

You aren't going to find me worried about end of game situations when the refs kept Butler in the game to begin with. Should have been a 20 point win for Florida. They made every call count.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    You aren't going to find me worried about end of game situations when the refs kept Butler in the game to begin with. Should have been a 20 point win for Florida. They made every call count.
    Yeah it was all the refs Just keep believing Butler sucks like all the other squares on here and keep paying the man!

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

I have no words for the final 5 minutes of regulation and the end of OT. Erving Walker was 0 for 7 from the field before he took the final shot of the final possession of regulation. Florida had been manhandling Butler in the paint all day, and yet the final play is to run out the clock, not run any sort of offense and shoot an off-balance deep NBA three? And then down one in OT with 20 seconds left on the clock the play is a screen for Boynton and another deep NBA three?

Mr Handicapable

As far as coaching goes...not a great game by Stevens or Donovan imo! Butler had the ball in end of regulation and in OT w/a minute left and a chance for a 2 for 1 possessions if they shoot the ball w/45-50 seconds left but took it under :35 both times?

cohbull
    cohbull's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I agree, poor shot selection at the end of regulation AND end of OT.

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Shaka from VCU is doing a helluva job...not a white boy to be found on that roster and they play extremely smart w/excellent passing!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea VCU is getting the hang of this tournament thing. They might be tough for Kansas.

Jonah

[quote=Mr Handicapable;9373829]Yeah it was all the refs Just keep believing Butler sucks like all the other squares on here and keep paying the man![/quote

I feel like making a vid of every call in that game. I could prove my point behind a shadow of a doubt. You should appreciate when you have been given a gift, lest they don't come around again.
    Last edited by Jonah; 03-26-11 at 06:59 PM.

dabomguy11
    dabomguy11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Considering that if they were planning on fouling Macklin, he would have almost no chance of making a FG, and the fact that Erving Walker is a 39% 3 Pt shooter on the year and was 10 of 19 in the tourney going into the Butler game, the numbers change a little. Regardless, if you really want to get numbers based, the odds that Macklin would hit two both free throws is pretty low. I'm sure Donovan was looking for more than just 1 point per possession. I do agree that they took way too many deep 3s. I think they should have gotten the ball to Parsons more often, especially late in the game, considering he basically always has a mismatch.

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Butler's big guy fouls out. His best big man is 10/13 for the game. He never touches the ball in OT and his guards keep shooting NBA range and beyond 3's.

EXACTLY what i was saying the entire game - if that were my team macklin would have take EVERY SHOT.
    and if anyone even thought about taking a three id take his jersey away.

Mr Handicapable

[quote=Jonah;9373945]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Yeah it was all the refs Just keep believing Butler sucks like all the other squares on here and keep paying the man![/quote

I feel like making a vid of every call in that game. I could prove my point behind a shadow of a doubt. You should appreciate when you have been given a gift, lest they don't come around a gift.
    Since Butler wins almost every tourney game last 2 years (except Wisconsin) by 3 points or less...then I don't see it as anything unusual? I only had a smallish play on Butler 2H +3 anyway! Butler had 6 more 3s for +18 and OUTREBOUNDED Florida by 3....Florida deserved to lose and wasn't going to cover 4 anyway?

dherd
    dherd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

funk a bunch of players and situational awareness - that is what they pay donovan 3 million a yr for.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    and dumb dumb fouls most of these kids are dumb as a bag of rocks
    yeah all those dumb fouls are a trip, pressure was getting to guys

Hotdiggity11
    Hotdiggity11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

The shot selection at the end of regulation was awful too. Wait until 5 seconds to shoot up a wild 3 instead of driving it in at the 8 second mark. Pitiful.

Jonah

[quote=Mr Handicapable;9374039]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post

Since Butler wins almost every tourney game last 2 years (except Wisconsin) by 3 points or less...then I don't see it as anything unusual? I only had a smallish play on Butler 2H +3 anyway! Butler had 6 more 3s for +18 and OUTREBOUNDED Florida by 3....Florida deserved to lose and wasn't going to cover 4 anyway?
    You said Butler played poorly. They played as good as they were going to play. Florida missed a lot more wide open shots.

Mr Handicapable

My moneyline score last night w/VCU was lucky...this one...no way! Florida State didn't even GET A SHOT OFF end of half...end of regulation...or end of OT? Thats such bad coaching...if Hamilton was at a basketball school they would have him fired in the off season!

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

No Florida wasn't going to cover but they should've won the game. Horrible coaching by donovan. Stone cold from downtown all night long and they rely on two 3's to win the game. Never should've came to that. They couldve worked the ball inside for the 2 to win. Especially in the 2H. Initially I thought maybe he was taking renegade 3, not what the coach called but when they did it again in OT?!? That's stupid coaching all the way. They deserve to lose

Mr Handicapable

I don't remember saying Butler played poorly? They shot ft's poorly....7 of 16 at one point while Florida was 12-12! Butler found a way to win against better/taller athletes....they probably played as well as they could? I did say Stevens didn't coach that well! I'm a big believer in going for 2 for 1 possessions late and Butler failed to try it twice!

Mr Handicapable

Not trying to brag but I've been tearing it up in this tournament! Take VCU/Kansas Over 146 tomorrow! VCU will press/run with Kansas unlike most teams and the white boys from KU were drilling 3s like crazy last night....we've all seen how hot VCU is from distance! I see something like 83-72? GL fellas!!

RiverRaid
    RiverRaid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15038

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    JJ wins. No way Donovan told Boynton to toss up that 3 pointer down by one. Kid was trying to be a hero. Should have took it to the hoop and hoped for the bucket or at least a foul. Stupid move.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Shaka from VCU is doing a helluva job...not a white boy to be found on that roster and they play extremely smart w/excellent passing!
    You must be new to VCU. You can say that with a straight face now after you know the facts. A few weeks ago people were itching that they were even put into this tournament. A few weeks ago they lost to a bad James Madison team... Trust me, they don't always play smart and they underachieved this year. ODU crushed them at the end of the year. Skeen can dissapear for some games.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post

You must be new to VCU. You can say that with a straight face now after you know the facts. A few weeks ago people were itching that they were even put into this tournament. A few weeks ago they lost to a bad James Madison team... Trust me, they don't always play smart and they underachieved this year. ODU crushed them at the end of the year. Skeen can dissapear for some games.
    correct. if VCU hadn't held on to beat Drexel 62-60 in the first round of the CAA tourney, they wouldn't have had the opportunity to get the George Mason upset that got them into the NCAA tourney. can't recall having ever seen a team turn it on this much in March, VCU looked bad for a lot of the regular season. they deserve credit for having made the most of the opportunity, but the uninformed are eager to call them another Butler. they are not. i like VCU a lot, but facts are facts.

12 Last