1. #36
    durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-06
    Posts: 13,182


  2. #37
    yisman
    yisman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-01-08
    Posts: 67,811
    Betpoints: 42768

    yeah obviously this got stopped due to people gaming it and wrecking the book
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/14/2017


  3. #38
    twoods215
    twoods215's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-08
    Posts: 699

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    OK, so if I tease

    Selection : 1NFL Football for Game
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 14-September-2008 1:05 PM PST
    Spread -1 for Game


    Selection : 2NFL Football for Game
    Seattle Seahawks 14-September-2008 1:05 PM PST
    Spread -1 for Game

    for $200 at Pinnacle at 10/11 (1.91) to win $382

    I then back the 2 dogs at matchbook for half the amount of the teaser payout? ($191)

    $191 on Bills at +197 to win $376

    $191 on ATL at +264 to win $504

    So, the worst thing that could happen is, you break even, right?

    Help me out here, I'm an idiot.
    I don't think this is right. In your example, the teaser pays $182, not $382.

    Atlanta @ TB -7, +264
    SF @ Seattle -7, +258
    (The Bills are +5.5 @ JAX)

    So if you used 6pt. 2 team teasers at -110, it's only +EV like the original example when the ML's are higher, and when you could get 7 pt. teasers at -110.

    In this scenario, if you wager $220 to win $200 on the teaser and then bet $100 on each dog, for example:

    Both favorites win, breakeven
    One dog wins, you either lose $56 or $62.
    Both dogs win, you win $302.

  4. #39
    Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-18-06
    Posts: 664

    Quote Originally Posted by twoods215 View Post
    I don't think this is right. In your example, the teaser pays $182, not $382.

    How in the world did you come up with that mate?

  5. #40
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 32,699
    Betpoints: 316

    Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    How in the world did you come up with that mate?
    Laying 200 at -110 odds NETS one $182.............

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/11/2005


  6. #41
    twoods215
    twoods215's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-08
    Posts: 699

    Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    How in the world did you come up with that mate?
    in fiveteamer's example he was risking $200 on a -110 teaser, $200 to win $182 right?

  7. #42
    Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-18-06
    Posts: 664

    "for $200 at Pinnacle at 10/11 (1.91) to win $382"

    Where does anyone see -110 odds?

  8. #43
    twoods215
    twoods215's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-10-08
    Posts: 699

    Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    "for $200 at Pinnacle at 10/11 (1.91) to win $382"

    Where does anyone see -110 odds?
    10 to 11, or -110, is what 6 pt. 2 team teasers pay on Pinnacle, or pretty much anywhere.

  9. #44
    Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-18-06
    Posts: 664

    I must have read it the other way then.

  10. #45
    arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-23-08
    Posts: 1,015
    Betpoints: 2912

    Quote Originally Posted by fiveteamer View Post
    made sense the first time I read it. And I'm an idiot.

    Better than anything I've yet to read in that math mumbo jumbo think tank.

    I'm trying to read between the lines. There's always a catch. Those who control big money are not in the habit of giving it away... ...but I appreciate the insult.
    Last edited by arpeggiomeister; 09-12-08 at 12:45 PM.

  11. #46
    Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-11-05
    Posts: 32,699
    Betpoints: 316

    Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    I'm trying to read between the lines. There's always a catch. Those who control big money are not in the habit of giving it away... ...but I appreciate the insult.



    Ummm, these type of teasers what the wayside over 2 years ago.........giving nothing away sir.

    As mentioned, this is just ONE of many ways to put oneself into basically what is a win-win situation.

    Besides teasers, one can use an array of other tactics.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/11/2005


  12. #47
    arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-23-08
    Posts: 1,015
    Betpoints: 2912

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Ummm, these type of teasers what the wayside over 2 years ago.........giving nothing away sir.

    As mentioned, this is just ONE of many ways to put oneself into basically what is a win-win situation.

    Besides teasers, one can use an array of other tactics.
    I understand what you are doing. It is simlar to a "Straddle" in the stock market. It's a huge balancing act. I made a post applauding you for sharing this with us for I had not even considered attempting such a thing with sports betting. The idea is brilliant and I thank you for posting it.

    What I am offended by is someone (fiveteamer) insinuating that I am an idiot because I said I needed to wrap my brain around it. If carefully investigating an idea to prevent myself from getting burned makes me an idiot than I guess I'm hopeless.

  13. #48
    fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-14-08
    Posts: 10,805

    I don't even know who you are. I didn't insult you guy.

    Relax ace.

  14. #49
    Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 6,320
    Betpoints: 18

    Problem is all this good stuff is gone ! I had my angles as well, it's all gone. I'd bet hundreds of parlays daily during NHL season, back in the day !

    Nothing is left, anymore ! Shit, I can't even go to Vegas and count cards, with the the 6-5 ! It's all gone, every angle is dead...

    All that left is picking winners. I'm not doing too well trying to pick 58%.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  15. #50
    pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-23-05
    Posts: 1,163

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Problem is all this good stuff is gone ! I had my angles as well, it's all gone. I'd bet hundreds of parlays daily during NHL season, back in the day !

    Nothing is left, anymore ! Shit, I can't even go to Vegas and count cards, with the the 6-5 ! It's all gone, every angle is dead...

    All that left is picking winners. I'm not doing too well trying to pick 58%.
    Good old years of 2004 and earlier

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/23/2005


  16. #51
    blackbart
    blackbart's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-04-07
    Posts: 2,338
    Betpoints: 11880

    if any one has an angle, they hang on to it, dont write it up in the forums

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015


  17. #52
    donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-07
    Posts: 3,990
    Betpoints: 6195

    I think a sad thing that this thread (among others) shows is that people on SBR are far more interested in having people give them +ev bets (for the few who understand gambling beyond "picking winners") rather than the underlying theory which would help them find their own +ev angles in the future.

  18. #53
    The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-02-08
    Posts: 4,740
    Betpoints: 4576

    I've been looking over this a lot and there might be a good spot to try it this weekend with the +6 teaser. It would help if the Oakland line moved just a little.

    Current lines are Bills -8 and Chargers -7.5.

    WEEK 4 SUN 09/28/08
    +6 Teaser @ 110 to win 100
    BILLS -2
    CHARGERS -1.5

    RAMS ML +315 @ 50 to win 157.50
    RAIDERS ML +290 @ 50 to win 145

    OUTCOMES
    Bills win by >2 and Chargers win by >1.5 = Break even
    Rams win and Chargers win = +7.50
    Raiders win and Bills win = -5.00
    Rams win and Raiders win= +202.50

    If the Raiders line moved to +8 and ML +315, the Raiders win and Bills win outcome would be +$$.

    The risk in this is the favorite winning by 1 or 2. One of the favorites winning by a point would result in losing all bets and -210. Or if one of the favorites pushed in the teaser and it was considered no-action the result would be -100.
    Last edited by The HOFF; 09-24-08 at 04:09 PM.

  19. #54
    Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-21-05
    Posts: 9,288

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbart View Post
    if any one has an angle, they hang on to it, dont write it up in the forums

    Agreed. It is my worst nightmare that one of my working angles ends up on a public forum. I don't even want to leave hints that could lead someone to one by accident. There can be a fine line between being nice and being stupid.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/21/2005


  20. #55
    Dan
    Dan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-13-07
    Posts: 278
    Betpoints: 102

    Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    I've been looking over this a lot and there might be a good spot to try it this weekend with the +6 teaser. It would help if the Oakland line moved just a little.

    Current lines are Bills -8 and Chargers -7.5.

    WEEK 4 SUN 09/28/08
    +6 Teaser @ 110 to win 100
    BILLS -2
    CHARGERS -1.5

    RAMS ML +315 @ 50 to win 157.50
    RAIDERS ML +290 @ 50 to win 145

    OUTCOMES
    Bills win by >2 and Chargers win by >1.5 = Break even
    100 - 50 - 50 = 0
    Rams win and Chargers win = +7.50
    157.5 - 50 - 110 = -2.5
    Raiders win and Bills win = -5.00
    145 - 50 - 110 = -15
    Rams win and Raiders win= +202.50
    157.50 + 145 - 110 = 192.50

    If the Raiders line moved to +8 and ML +315, the Raiders win and Bills win outcome would be +$$.

    The risk in this is the favorite winning by 1 or 2. One of the favorites winning by a point would result in losing all bets and -210. Or if one of the favorites pushed in the teaser and it was considered no-action the result would be -100.
    What am I doing wrong in my calculations? See the bold text above.

    If Rams and Chargers win then you win 157.5 on the Rams, lose 110 on the teaser, and lose 50 on the Raiders. That would be negative money.

    If Raiders win and Bills win then you win 145 on the Raiders, lose 110 on the teaser, and lose 50 on the Rams. That would also be negative money.

  21. #56
    The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-02-08
    Posts: 4,740
    Betpoints: 4576

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    What am I doing wrong in my calculations? See the bold text above.

    If Rams and Chargers win then you win 157.5 on the Rams, lose 110 on the teaser, and lose 50 on the Raiders. That would be negative money.

    If Raiders win and Bills win then you win 145 on the Raiders, lose 110 on the teaser, and lose 50 on the Rams. That would also be negative money.
    Your calculations are right. I didn't subtract the juice on the initial teaser. So looking again, the only thing that is +$$ is the 2 underdogs winning.

  22. #57
    Dan
    Dan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-13-07
    Posts: 278
    Betpoints: 102

    Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    Your calculations are right. I didn't subtract the juice on the initial teaser. So looking again, the only thing that is +$$ is the 2 underdogs winning.
    I wonder if it's even possible to get this to work anymore. Even if the Raiders went to +8 spread and +315 moneyline it still looks like we'd break even or lose 2.50 (in two scenarios) or win 205. I'm guessing the books are wise to this and won't offer high enough moneylines.

First 12
Top