Flex
    Flex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet the house on Mccain

The media tells us that this is a Democratic year and that Mccain has no shot at winning.

Have they checked the polls lately?

Mccain already has a slight lead in national polls and I'm sure thats gonna grow before election day to a double digit lead.

Personally, I don't like either Mccain or Obama, but this is GUARANTEED MONEY.

The line at Bookmaker has already jumped from +130 to -108 for Mccain. I'm gonna place serious money on him today before Los Vegas gets a clue.

Thanks
    Flex

ferbs027
    ferbs027's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why did you wait until he was -108 if you were so sure? It's going to be closer than once thought, but we're still in a post-convention bump phase. You'll see polls tilt slightly back to Obama in the coming weeks.

Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of either candidate. No bias here.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 239961

Obama will win by 70+ electorial votes. Mccain fair valuei n the +250 range. not +105

Sinister Cat
    Sinister Cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I would be shocked if Obama won by 70 electoral votes. No states turning from blue to red from '04, just a matter if Obama can pick up additional states. Overall popular vote doesn't really matter. Right now not looking good for Obama but he's probably at a low point right now.

zentiense
    zentiense's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Slow down bossman. The debates haven't even happened yet -- do you really think a 72/3 year old man with no advanced college degree is going to do well against a Harvard law school graduate who is known as a great young orator? I know I -might- sound like Moneyline at this point, but I have a hunch that McCain simply won't be able to keep up with Obama during the debates -- Obama has some of the finest academic pedigree there is to be had -- Columbia, Harvard, and then a professor of law at the University of Chicago...

I'm not exactly an Obama supporter, but the evidence doesn't really support a huge McCain push after the debates. Although McCain did go to Annapolis (which is definitely no joke, I don't think), and was a high ranking officer in the military, that was all long ago.

I'm putting my money on Obama to smoke him in the debates -- sorry lad.

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you like obama its time to bet on him.I personally won't wager on this because of all the ignorant people in the world that won't vote for obama just because he's black.

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zentiense View Post
    Slow down bossman. The debates haven't even happened yet -- do you really think a 72/3 year old man with no advanced college degree is going to do well against a Harvard law school graduate who is known as a great young orator? I know I -might- sound like Moneyline at this point, but I have a hunch that McCain simply won't be able to keep up with Obama during the debates -- Obama has some of the finest academic pedigree there is to be had -- Columbia, Harvard, and then a professor of law at the University of Chicago...

I'm not exactly an Obama supporter, but the evidence doesn't really support a huge McCain push after the debates. Although McCain did go to Annapolis (which is definitely no joke, I don't think), and was a high ranking officer in the military, that was all long ago.

I'm putting my money on Obama to smoke him in the debates -- sorry lad.
    Yes i do... Cause he's been in Washington far longer than Mr Obama...

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    The media tells us that this is a Democratic year and that Mccain has no shot at winning.

Have they checked the polls lately?

Mccain already has a slight lead in national polls and I'm sure thats gonna grow before election day to a double digit lead.

Personally, I don't like either Mccain or Obama, but this is GUARANTEED MONEY.

The line at Bookmaker has already jumped from +130 to -108 for Mccain. I'm gonna place serious money on him today before Los Vegas gets a clue.

Thanks
    Flex
    +130? you could have found +150 a short time ago... seems you missed the boat a little... (matchbook still has a couple dimes of McCain all at over +106 just so you know...)

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

SBR Founder Join Date: 9/15/2005

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    +130? you could have found +150 a short time ago... seems you missed the boat a little... (matchbook still has a couple dimes of McCain all at over +106 just so you know...)
    you could've gotten +260 a month ago

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6947

If it were up to the American people, as in regular votes, we know right or wrong McCain will find his way into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I have a feeling they'll be another war or two under him so maybe Obama, despite how unheard of he is to most of us, is the better option.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyL View Post
    If it were up to the American people, as in regular votes, we know right or wrong McCain will find his way into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

If everyone voted (or even just every vote was counted), the democrats would win in a landslide. Why else do the Republicans spend hundreds of millions of dollars every election to disallow as many votes as possible. There really aren't that many really rich people in the US, though there are a lot of dumb people.

durito
    escarabajo negro

To the OP, If it's guaranteed money, you want to bet me straight up for $5,000?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1875

I'm not saying Obama is the savior, but McCain is a joke, which he proved picking Palin as his running mate. Is this the judgment we need in the White House? He's better than Bush but that's not saying much.

The GOP keeps talking about "we're at war, we need an experienced leader" and who does McCain pick as his running mate to take over if he drops dead at 73 or 74? A hockey mom from Alaska. Give me a break.

The political system in the US is a joke. The Palin pick proves that.

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    There really aren't that many really rich people in the US, though there are a lot of dumb people.

Sinister Cat
    Sinister Cat's Avatar Become A Pro!

If everyone voted (or even just every vote was counted), the democrats would win in a landslide. Why else do the Republicans spend hundreds of millions of dollars every election to disallow as many votes as possible. There really aren't that many really rich people in the US, though there are a lot of dumb people.
    This can't be true Durito. Rich people are only a small part of the republican base. You are underestimating the strength of the sourthern vote. A lot of people want an authoritarian government, that is really the republican base.

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

For Obama to win, he can't be himself until after the election, and there's no way he can survive that long. He's already followed the losing pattern of refusing to give details of the changes ("Bill, I have a plan for that"). Kerry lost because he was too arrogant; Obama is far more arrogant than Kerry, even referring to himself as President more than once. This will be a case of Obama losing far more than McCain winning, IMHO.

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Cat View Post
    This can't be true Durito. Rich people are only a small part of the republican base. You are underestimating the strength of the sourthern vote. A lot of people want an authoritarian government, that is really the republican base.
    I was gonna say there aren't that many rich or dumb/ignorant people in the US, but then I remembered that sadly there are.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 38834

I got McCain at +150 on Monday. Live dog at that price. Wouldnt play under +130, no value under that.

Its like a football game, anything can happen. Obama built a big first half lead but turned the ball over to start the 3rd and Mac cashed in with some nice offensive. Obama still holding on to that lead to start the 4th qtr but mo has shifted. An untimely turnover or special teams play will probably decide it. Take either guy at over +130.

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017

SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 1/31/2015

SBR Founder Join Date: 7/12/2005

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

I sent them a photo of my new place and said I wanted to bet the house. But the book told me sorry, they had a minimum $50 bet on-line

pat venditto
    pat venditto's Avatar Become A Pro!

Willie you mean they had a $1 minimum bet and your house is worth less.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2982

Greek has Republican +115

pavyracer
    What?
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

I have just bet all of my stimulus check of $1500 on Obama for -110. I can't believe my luck. I was going to do it on Monday at -180 but couldn't cash it soon enough so I took the generous offer of -110 today for Obama and made a wise decision to double my stimulus money and stimulate my bankroll.

175 pts

3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 08/17/2017

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I have just bet all of my stimulus check of $1500 on Obama for -110. I can't believe my luck. I was going to do it on Monday at -180 but couldn't cash it soon enough so I took the generous offer of -110 today for Obama and made a wise decision to double my stimulus money and stimulate my bankroll.

Are you really confident in it, though?

pavyracer
    What?

Are you really confident in it, though?
    I have never seen a line move from -180 to -110 that fast. All the sharp money is with Obama now. I believe that once the debates start McCain and Palin will drop 10% in the polls and once Bush and Cheney start attending McCain/Palin events it will be doomsday for Republicans. All the negative campaigning starts tomorrow. Today it was a truce day because of 9/11. You will never see again Obama -110!
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I have never seen a line move from -180 to -110 that fast. All the sharp money is with Obama now. I believe that once the debates start McCain and Palin will drop 10% in the polls and once Bush and Cheney start attending McCain/Palin events it will be doomsday for Republicans. All the negative campaigning starts tomorrow. Today it was a truce day because of 9/11. You will never see again Obama -110!
    What's your take on this article just posted?

pavyracer
    What?

What's your take on this article just posted?
    Watch out for Obama to use his tens of millions of campaign money to rattle the McCain/Palin ticket to the ground. You will see plenty of negative campaigning in the upcoming weeks. Every deficiency of the MCCain/Palin ticket will be exposed and scrutinized by the Democrats.
    175 pts

3-QUESTION

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Cat View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. I have lived in the south the vast majority of my life and the majority of the republicans I know are self made doctors, lawyers, engineers, and business owners who don't want to be taxed to freaking death and want the government to leave them and their business alone. They want the opposite of an authoritarian government. They want the government to take their regulations and taxes and leave them the fuk alone. This is your average southern republican. Democrats want big government. Repbulicans want small government, the opposite of an authoritarian government. Political Science 101.

I am voting for Ron Paul, he is still the best candidate by far.

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

If Republicans want small government, why has the Bush administration and the Republican controlled Congress increased the size and spending of government, while gracing us with the largest budget deficit in the history of our nation? Throw your old Poli Sci textbooks out the window because the current Republicans have shown no restraint in irresponsible fiscal spending. It is a Democratic President who last brought us a budget surplus after 12 years of Republican budgets that had previously put us in the red. The traditional idea that Republicans are for smaller government and fiscal responsibility is a thing of the past, no matter how much they try to grasp at straws and attempt to persuade the populace otherwise.

durito
    escarabajo negro

That may be the vast majority of republicans that you know . But the majority of the south isn't exactly made up of such people, yet they still vote republican.

Repbulicans want small government, the opposite of an authoritarian government. Political Science 101.
    Maybe in poly sci 101 that holds true, but in Washington it hasn't for quite sometime.

topgame85
    Total time
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Haha this is funny Mccain has no shot the people that get polled are not the people that will vote for Obama Obama's supporters are majority poor (can't afford a phone to get polled on) or work 3 jobs and are never home to get polled not to mention every poll is well within the margin of error Obama will run away with the popular vote and will win the electoral vote by a small margin

durito
    escarabajo negro

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Haha this is funny Mccain has no shot the people that get polled are not the people that will vote for Obama Obama's supporters are majority poor (can't afford a phone to get polled on) or work 3 jobs and are never home to get polled not to mention every poll is well within the margin of error Obama will run away with the popular vote and will win the electoral vote by a small margin
    Actually Obama does the best amongst highly educated and (non gop) wealthy people.

topgame85
    Total time

Those are the one's that support him the most in the media but the top democrat democraphic are the poor don't be naive, Democrats are people who want something for nothing because they don't have much Republicans are greedy and have everything and don't want to share or give anything up, this is going to be one of the most polarized as far as economic status elections ever

MonkeyF0cker
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Wow. You couldn't (wrongly) generalize and stereotype two electoral demographics any more...

topgame85
    Total time

There are always exceptions, but in general that is the makeup of the parties, Democratic politicians pretend to look out for the poor to gain power and Republicans try to protect themselves and people "like them"

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5575

Once the Republican convention bounce wears off, you'll see Obama pull away in the polls.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

That may be the vast majority of republicans that you know . But the majority of the south isn't exactly made up of such people, yet they still vote republican.

Maybe in poly sci 101 that holds true, but in Washington it hasn't for quite sometime.
    It holds true amongst the people of the south. They want less government, less regulations, unless you are talking about national and local security. They want a big military and police force for obvious reasons. The spending in Washington done in the past years was mostly due to military operations obviously. The spending would have happened if Kerry was in office, I can promise you that.

Like I said I have lived here most of my life and working retail for most of my life and going to church and socializing I have conversed with literally thousands of southern republicans and I know what they want like the back of my hand. Very down to earth people, nothing fake about them, they tell you exactly where they stand and it makes common sense.

I've been all across the south. The typical southern republican is someone I respect immensely and someone I would trust my childrens future with.

12 Last