ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Lay the hammer on Magic/Knicks under 204

Over 70% of total bets are on the over and the line has only moved 1-1.5 points at most shops. I'm gonna lay the hammer on this under. The Knicks are desperate for a win and I also like them straight up tonight. When motivated, this team CAN play defense, as seen not too long ago in Miami and the other night against Boston. They are desperate for a win here and just like against Miami and Boston, are out to prove they can beat the leagues elite.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

While I do think the under is a play here, it has gone from 202.5 to 204 or 204.5. That's at least some move in the direction of where the bets are coming in. If it were still sitting at 202.5, then I think you'd have a case for a relatively big play.

StanleySharp
    StanleySharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Couldn't agree more. Under is definitely the play here

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I agreed

Under is the play... I clocked it at 193

ROFLcopter

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    While I do think the under is a play here, it has gone from 202.5 to 204 or 204.5. That's at least some move in the direction of where the bets are coming in. If it were still sitting at 202.5, then I think you'd have a case for a relatively big play.
    I was pretty much referring to Pinny/Greek which are still at 204, as well as 5Dimes where I play at. I just think it should be a bigger move with so much action on the over.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Brosuf View Post
    I agreed Under is the play... I clocked it at 193

NBA_Brosuf

No really...

193...actual is 204... line is higher than what I expected so I bet under.

Too little time for me to explain...now back to the game...see ya.

ROFLcopter

I see. Misread what you wrote.. thought you said you locked it in at 193

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

well the total is lower than their last 10 matchups huh no coin

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

my room smells like farts, sweat and grilled flesh

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLcopter View Post
    Over 70% of total bets are on the over and the line has only moved 1-1.5 points at most shops. I'm gonna lay the hammer on this under. The Knicks are desperate for a win and I also like them straight up tonight. When motivated, this team CAN play defense, as seen not too long ago in Miami and the other night against Boston. They are desperate for a win here and just like against Miami and Boston, are out to prove they can beat the leagues elite.
    How much money coming in on one side is far more important than how many bets are made on one side. If money is even on both sides 70% means nothing, so your whole reason for "laying the hammer" may have no foundation.

ROFLcopter

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip View Post
    How much money coming in on one side is far more important than how many bets are made on one side. If money is even on both sides 70% means nothing, so your whole reason for "laying the hammer" may have no foundation.
    What I was getting at is that with the line not moving a whole lot and much of the action on the over, I suspected that there was a good amount of money on the under.

Anyway it appears that the under was pounded late at Pinny and they were offering over 204.5 at +102 so lets see what happens

politicin
    FADE DEMENS FOR $$$$
    politicin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fail play

NBA_Brosuf

Orlando played far beyond what was expected and knicks went under what was expected. Blame it on Orlando if you pick the under like me. LOL

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I had a three unit play loser on this game...tough loss but onto the next one. It was playing right at the number through the third and most of the fourth. I agree with your reasoning and there were many others to make the under the play. You can't win them all. GL...

EastOakland
    EastOakland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

[QUOTE=Qtip;9331071]How much money coming in on one side is far more important than how many bets are made on one side. If money is even on both sides 70% means nothing, so your whole reason for "laying the hammer" may have no foundation.[/QUO
    Very very true dude doesn't know what he's talkin bout

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Believe it or not books still make money, even when the action isn't balanced. They can take lopsided action and still win in the long run because they have the juice on their side and they use this to their advantage all the time.