Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
all you guys that say this a home game for San Diego State.... think again!

People this is California .... people in California don't really care about sports.. especially college sports. This game is in Anaheim that is a few hours from San Diego and even peeps in San Diego ain't really feeling the Aztecs all that much. They are more interested in going to the beach, hiking, smoking weed, chillin in the park..etc...

I doubt many folks in So Cal are die hard Aztecs fans... maybe if this UCLA or USC but not SD State they could care less. Also lets not foreget that SD State got the brakes beat off of them on their own court vs BYU.

UCONN is very similar to BYU where they have a guard that take over a game by himself. The guard play will be the difference in this game. Believe it or not CINCY and SD STATE are very similar teams they both have good big players but they are both lacking in guard play.

UCONN wins this game by 5 or more points. Also Duke wins vs Arizona even though its closer to Arizona territory.
1. Anaheim is 90 minutes, not A FEW HOURS from San Diego.

2. There are 38,000 students at SDSU, and 3 million people living in San Diego, you're telling me there aren't enough fans to fill up a 18,000 capacity Honda Center? There are a bunch of charter busses scheduled to take the fans down on Thursday. I went to watch them play at Long Beach State and the gym was 75% Aztec fans.

3. Try buying tickets for Thursday and see what you come up with. They're going for $300+ and I guarantee you the gym will be >60% SDSU fans.

4. Yes we love going to the beach and "chillin" at the park, but we can do that anytime. You think we're going to pass up an event this big for something we can do anytime?

5. I'm an SDSU alumni so it doesn't count that I'm a die hard fan, but I live in Orange County now and constantly meet SDSU fans who aren't from SD or are affiliated with the University. It used to be just UCLA and USC, but now SDSU is part of the conversation everywhere I go.

6. Yes Kemba is a star and UCONN has the guard advantage, but as you can see from the MWC tourney final we were able to figure out how to stop the 1 man show in Freddette and blow BYU out. No doubt Kemba scores 25 but if the rest of UCONN don't show up it will be SDSU's defense that wins this game.

7. I ran an analysis on your intelligence and have calculated that you have an IQ of 12.