nobs, happens to the best of us. years ago when i was working at a gas station one night i had a homeless man come in and buy a drink but did not have enough change so i paid it for him. Well, next thing i know it the guy is coming in every day reading me the damn bible. His story was that his wife kicked him out but he was waiting for her to change her mind. I know the story was most likely true as the guy was living in a nice car. Well, he asked if he could move in with me (not joking) i told the guy he could stay in the gas station bathroom every night (was a nice clean bathroom so i was not being an ass) and after that he never asked again if he could move in with me nor did he ever stay in the bathroom.

Thing is, it never stopped. At one point i was giving this guy 10-25 bucks a night (gas station was a side job). Every damn night i'd have the bible read to me ending with me giving him cash. When I was getting really sick of the guy I asked "are you and the wife getting things cleared up?" the guy exploded. I could not not believe it. Guy was insane. That stopped him from coming by for a few days but he came back.

Want to know how i finally ended this? i quit the job. No joke, i quit to get away from the guy. As I said was a side job and back then side jobs like that were easy to come by. So in other words: yeah, you fell for his crap but you had the guts to stop it before it got to that point.