Originally posted on 03/08/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
smoking ban and shutting down restaurants that serves high calorie food is not an apples to apples analogy
Depends on the ban. Smoking ban in a courthouse, places where everyone has to go, I agree with you. Smoking ban in a place that your presence is not required, like a bar, I don't. That's an apples to apples situation. It's about personal choice. The bar owners have the choice to allow smoking. You have the choice to patronize another establishment or stay home. Health hazards are the cost for going to the bar. Don't like it, tough shit.

Over exposure to loud music and pulsating lights (like you might find in the techno club) poses potential long term dangers to one's health. I as a result, don't like to go to the techno club. But unfortunately, that's where the hot slutty drunk chicks like to hang out. Which means if I'm looking to bust a slump with a busty tight-assed blonde out whoring it up for the weekend, that's where I have to go. But that doesn't mean I just get to go and lobby the city council to ban techno music in dance clubs so that I don't have to frickin listen to it.

You don't want there to be smoking in a bar? Then open your own damned bar. Assholes like you have cost my friends thousands of dollars and untold amounts of stress because you think you have a right to decide for them how their businesses should be run because you are so goddam selfish that you think private restaurants should be forced to cater to the conditions you like. Shitheaded bull like this is the exact damned reason we have a Constitution in the first place. But I bet you ignore it every chance you get except when it benefits you.

Fuk you anti-smokers.