Originally posted on 02/23/2011:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
Suns -3 LOCKED (x2) WINNER!!

I am going to be rolling with the Suns today playing at home vs the Hawks. Phoenix comes into this game coming off a tough home loss to one of the best teams in the NBA Dallas but they also come in as winners of 7 of their last 10 games. This team is just starting to gel and find good form. The main thing I really like about this play is the effort factor. Phoenix is battling to make the playoffs and all the players know they need to win as much as possible to make it. They have a long east coast trip right after this home game so this is almost a must win game for them. The East is so weak that it doesn't really matter what ATL does, they are still making the playoffs regardless.

The Hawks have really been struggling on the road as of late. The Hawks are 2-4 last 6 on the road and 1-4 overall. They got beat by double digits in the last two road games losing by 14 to LAL and 12 to NYK. They then beat DET/WASH, two of the worst teams in the league. Prior to that they got drilled by Dallas by 11 and lost to Milwaukee by 8 as a favorite. They are just in really bad form right now and being on back to back doesn't help against one of the fastest paced teams in the NBA.

Hawks are the 4th worst team scoring points in the paint in the NBA. Seems like ATL will have a tough time getting easy baskets which is a major problem against a team like Phoenix who scores a ton at home. I just can't see Atlanta keeping up for four quarters against the Suns, I think Phoenix will make a big run at some point in the game and close them up. Atlanta's defense may not be up to par either tonight having played back to back and getting killed by LAL. I just see Nash pick and rolling this team to death. Bibby has no chance of stopping him. Lopez should have a great game with Collins on him. Frye will stretch the defense out a good amount. Vince and Joe J should cancel each other out. Phoenix bench is wayyy better than Atlanta's with Pietrus, Gortat, Dudley, Dragic and Warrick. It's actually a top 5 bench in the NBA in my opinion. Phoenix already beat Atlanta in NOV on the road by four and it's just now that Phoenix is in top form.
Easyyyy money as PHX leads from start to finish and wins by 8. I figured Atlanta wouldn't score 100 and I knew they wouldn't have a prayer if they couldn't do that. 1-0 +2 UNITS on this game.