Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Too All You Young Guys

I have noticed that an influx of young people have been posting on here recently. Now I am nobody"s father, but I just wanted to give some advice from an older person's perspective.

Take your $$ and save it!! You have all the time in the world to gamble for a living. I know gambling for a living is a sexy thought, but their is a lot more involved in the lifestyle than just $$. Trust me, get married and settle down. If gambling is still something you want to do, it will be there.

Ignore people that want to rain on your parade. Obstacles in gambling for a living are from within. If you can conquer the outside voices of negativity, and stay focused on your well being, you are half way to being a professional. A guy that wins 66% of his games and stays focused in regards to bankroll and profession does better than the guy that wins 70% of his games. I have seen so many people in Vegas who are GREAT at handicapping but suck at life skills!

Take the action out of your day. Stop expecting to bet a game a day. If it happens it happens. Bet like you date. if a great piece of ass comes along, grab it. If nothing shows promise STAY AWAY. Action doesn't pay the bills, patience does.

Last but not least, LOOK FOR PRICE AND odds!! You like Boston +2.5 but you can get them for +3 somewhere else. Don't be lazy. Shopping for the best price is HUGE in being a pro gambler. Treat gambling like a coupon cutter in a Walmart. yes, it may be more work, but in the long run, it is worth it.

I hope what I said is a bit helpful. Good luck newbies!!!

That Foreign Guy
    I got sunshine in a bag
    That Foreign Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3069

Maybe I'm old now but the more gambling I do the less sexy it is.