Quote Originally Posted by parlayin View Post
I apologize if the tone of my last post was out of line but I don't want this thread to get sidetracked and turn into a pissing match....My point is just that the notion that MB is the future of betting because why lay -110 when you can always get better than WA lines doesn't seem to be the case for even CBB tv games.
I appreciate that you're conscious of your tone, and are trying to keep the conversation civil. There's plenty of room to disagree about MB.

It's only people who are marketing MB, for whatever reason, who make those strong claims about it being "the future of betting" and "why pay -110" as if anything you could could get at a clearing house book you could get at MB. That's baloney, so I can see how you would get frustrated with those claims because clearly the MB markets are spotty.

What frustrates me is the people who say that it's stupid to make offers because they'll only get accepted if the line moves against them.

Like a lot of people I get offers accepted every single day that allow me to beat the Pinnacle line. Yes I have to watch them...one browser window has Pinnacle's dynamic lines in it, and the other my MB offer. If the line moves a couple of pennies against me, I take it down and put up another. I have put up hundreds of offers in the past year, and i can count on one hand the number of times one got "picked off" and I got a (slightly) worse price than Pinnacle, compared to the hundreds of times that Pinnacle had -105 and I got +100 at MB.

It's also happened that offers didn't get accepted, and I have to make the bet elsewhere. Yes, of course that happens. But by only spending a couple of half hour sessions a day making and monitoring offers I get to put in more than half my volume at an average price three cents better than the Pinnacle line on NBA and CFB and quite often (though I'd say less than fifty percent of the time) with CBB. I'm not offering $2000 like the OP, but am in the $800-$1000 range, so I'm obviously saving a bundle.

This is such a good deal that it's frustrating to read posts from people who never make reasonable two-sided offers (I make sure my counter-parties beat the Pinnacle line too including commission) and keep an eye on them to get them reasonably matched. Or maybe they've done it a couple of times, and it didn't work, so now they know and think it's time to shout "MB sucks" from the rooftops. Sure sometimes you have to go to Plan B, but...well...I'm ranting.