Why it wouldn't be fixed:

1. I don't believe he knows Ye; if he did, he would be much more secretive about his information because being that close to Ye is literally a gold mine.

2. You usually fix draws so that both teams earn a point and haven't lost as much; bribing Zulte Waregem to lose at home is very unrealistic.

3. This guy and/or Ye could just be getting as much dough as possible on Genk so that they can bet the other side.

4. Involving too many people gets you caught so the manager is likely the key component in this possible fix, not the players. He can bench his good players but his reserve players could still make a game out of it.

5. Books are still taking action on the game.

Why it could be fixed:

1. Like many of you said, Genk has a very good chance of winning this game anyways. There would hardly be any suspicion of fixing just because they won.

2. The original poster did mention a Belgium fixing master that not many people know about. Either he stumbled upon his Wiki page or he does in fact know Ye.

3. Zulte Waregem is all but a guarantee not be relegated so they really have nothing to play for and the money could help a struggling side acquire some new prospects.

4. Genk are in good position to make a run at the title, they will have all the motivation in the world.

Final words:

I made a 15% play on it based on this guy's word alone... If it doesn't come true, then we all learned the lesson that there's no such thing as a guaranteed bet unless you fix it yourself, and even then, things can go wrong. If it does come true, we take it in stride and don't overvalue this guy going forward. Even if the score was 3-1, there's nothing to prove that the game was fixed. Don't let this guy build off of this win, take it and move on no matter what the outcome is.