Quote Originally Posted by Timmah2483 View Post
Larry you do know odds are just percentages made to betting form, right? 1:4 is 25%, 1:8 is 12.5%, 1:16 is 6.25%... thats your odds of lossing though, odds of winning would be 75%, 87.5%, 93.75% etc...

Stiff I do believe the math and odds say the 6th time (assuming its not a double sided) is more likely to be heads than tails, yes

First, I am going to bash your grammar, because that is what you reverted to doing earlier in this thread...

Thats is not a word, it is either that's or that is, but in this case proper English would be "those are"
Also, lossing is not a word, it would be "losing"

Now for the gambling lesson. The odds of winning are 75% percent after two spins are due to the fact that you have a 50% chance of winning on each spin, so your chances of losing both are 50%. So, .5 times .5=.25=1/4. You chances of losing both are 1 in 4. Is this making sense to you? The chance of winning on each individual spin does not increase with each spin, but, your chance of hitting one increases with the more spins you get. Basically, what it states is...

You have a better chance of winning with 2 spins than you do with 1, but, you don't have a better chance of winning on your third spin than you do on your first or second regardless of the previous spins.

There, I think any person that is capable of understanding simple logic should be able to break that down and understand it, if you don't understand that, you either have a learning disability or are incapable of admitting you are wrong. Either way, this is correct.