Trucker George
    Trucker George's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have finalized my decision to move to Vegas : Nominated Post

Step into my office and please lay down on my couch:

The OP probably doesn't realize it but betting on sports is not the real reason he is moving to Vegas. Sports betting is on the surface, but his real motivation lies deeper; that is, he's moving to Vegas for primarily psychological reasons.

The guy seeks to go on this journey because at his core he is unsatisfied with his daily grind of work, marriage, etc and he is seeking an exit from the daily stress of his domestication.

This is not to suggest that his marriage is not strong or that his work is not worthy, but that deep down he wants more: he wants to board a ship, sail to the New World and walk into the forest with naught more than a knife and his wits.

He is motivated to make this journey not to bet on sports, but to bet on himself.

He's willing to risk his career and marriage for the chance to win the battle against his discontent.

This is not that necessarily a bad thing.

This journey can be cathartic and he can learn and grow and move on -- he can "win".

Verily, his "bet" on himself must win, or else he will remain unsatisfied and his marriage and career will fail.

Luckily for him, his winning his bet on himself has nothing to do with the amount of money he wins or loses betting on sports, but rather if he can gain perspective. He needs to realize that his happiness must come from within himself and that the discontent he feels that he needs to escape from can be dispelled from within his own mind.

That's why he is moving to Vegas. (and if his wife is in tune with his real reasons, it is probably the reason she is agreeing to let him go.)

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Have a good Time Dr Phil