What a scam. Perfectly insidious. Find a behaviour that a society at large should naturally engage in to better itself (conciousness expansion) and outlaw it. Then charge said population taxes to fund organizations that are sworn to stop aforementioned self betterment (D.E.A., F.B.I., C.I.A., etc.). In a nutshell the aforementioned society has funded the very mechanism that stops its own developement. Like I said. Insidious. Perfect. One of the best ways to stop this seemingly perfect conundrum is the same way the Berlin wall fell. By accident. Believe it or not, the only reason the wall fell was because of a mis-reporting of of the relaxing of travel restrictions between east and west Germany. By the time the percieved news (There were no travel restrictions(which there were not)) reached a large section of the population (so large that the border guards could not stop the advancing citizenry from insisting that the wall had fallen) the border guards could do nothing but submit to the will of the masses they were confronted with and the border fell. Only after the fact did the inept politician who accidentally alluded that the border had fallen (by way of a mis-interpreted policy gaff) took full credit for something that was by that time completely unstoppabble. So by extension we should be able to stop any percieved entity which pretends to draw its authority from our tacit complicity.