Originally posted on 12/11/2010:

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
I will take the word of God over science. I do agree the bible was authored by man. I was originally revealed to the Prophets and messengers and was recorded by man. Man also was responsible for the distortion, tampering and blatant changing of God's message. I could not write a "bible 2.0" and claim it's the word of god. That would be blasphemy. God already sent the last messenger with the perfected way of life and being homosexual is not part of the equation. These are sick people and should be treated as such. It saddens me that it's is becoming socially acceptable in this society. What next? Beastiality?
Wrong. You are taking the word of Man over science - not the word of God. What part of this are you failing to grasp? Man wrote the Bible. Man 'said' that God told him to write it. Man wrote all of these rules. You could say the very same thing, and write a new Bible. Nothing wrong with it; Christians frequently ignore parts of the Bible that do not suit them.

You keep saying that homosexuality is against God - but he created it. He created people with certain sexual orientations. When you were born, there was a chance that you could've been born homosexual. Should you be destined to an eternity in hell, suffering for something that you had nothing to do with? No, you shouldn't.

You can say that it's your choice to act upon those impulses, but the Bible also tells us that simply thinking about committing a sin is paramount to actually committing said sin. So, if you can not control your sexual orientation (you can control your actions, but not your thoughts), again, should you be sent to hell for eternal torture, when you did nothing wrong? Sounds messed up, doesn't it? God created it. By you saying that it is against him, then you are also saying that he purposefully created people that were fully destined to suffer in eternity. What kind of God would do such a thing? That's not love - that's pure evil.