Okay, I am going to explain a quarter strategy that we developed several years ago. None of the other cappers are on SBR any more because they got fed up with the nonsense.

Here is the way it works. First, look back through EVERY GAME for EVERY TEAM and see if there are any teams that lose all Qs in a game more than 1 or 2 times for the season so far (this season, I could care less what happened last year). Throw those teams out.

If you want to get real serious you could also compare matchups and see if there are any teams that hold any other teams to games where the opponent does not win a single Q.

Okay, here is how it works. For the 1st Q go to http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat...quarter-margin and compare each game visitor vs home and use the columns visitor vs home for the matchup. Look for games where a GREAT 1st Q team is playing an awful 1st Q team.

Play those 1st Q picks.

Now, when the 1st Q is getting close to finishing, see who won the 1st Q and play the OTHER team for the 2nd Q.

If any of the 2nd Q picks lose, then double up on them to play the 3rd Q, if that loses, double up again on the 4th Q. this is why we throw out the teams that have history of losing all 4 Qs.

Now, this is VERY VERY VERY important. Take the dogs plus the points. Do not count on the dog for the game being the dog for any given Q. The fav for the game could be the dog for the 2nd Q if they get blown out in the 1st Q. I have seen this happen.

VERY VERY VERY important, cont'd. Take the favs on the money line. Let me repeat, take the favs on the money line. If you lay points on quarter plays for favs you will get killed. If you want to get killed just don't do something that your wife told you to do and you will have your wish. Or, flirt with a woman who is younger and prettier than your wife and have her invite us to your funeral. But don't get killed doing something stupid in sports betting.

Now, you are going to have a quandary. I post picks on Q plays for all 4 Qs. This quarter strategy I am telling you is going to contradict some of these posted plays. So, which ones do you take? That is up to you. I know how I do it, I cannot decide this for you.

This strategy KILLS the books.

Now, you are going to have a game once in a while where you go 3 Qs and you lose all 3 Qs. That is going to hurt. Different people have different ways of dealing with this. Some people say they don't care if one team loses in one game because we have so many winners so they don't do the Martingale. Personally, I use the Martingale but I have a high tolerance for EDUCATED risk.

I would suggest that you work out your strategy ahead of time in MS Excel and then stick to that. Let's say that you are betting to win $100 and you are betting a dog on the 2 Q and the lose $110, then the 3rd Q you lay $220 on this team, and they lose, now you are laying $440 and let's say that they lose. You just lost $770. Now, if you only lay $110 then you lose $330. The difference will be in all those games where the team wins the 4Q and I made back all my loss + a profit of $110 and you won $110 and lost $220. Now, if the play we are backing is always a fav, OMG fohgetaboutit.

This is why it is important to throw out teams that like to lose all 4 Qs.

Last night there was some stupid team that lost 3 Qs and tied 1 Q. Toronto. Fortunately for me my Q plays that were predicted before the game started had Detroit in 2 of those Qs and Toronto in 2 of the Qs and I did not double up on the loss because I was playing plays based on the matchup and not the Q strategy. I don't know if Toronto was a dog in the Q that they tied. I'm thinking not.

Anyway, if any questions just ask and I will try not to make too much fun of you when I answer your question.