Thank you for trying to use reason and logic.

Quote Originally Posted by noyb View Post
i still don't get your point.
if your point is American Football generates more revenue than soccer in an absolute sense, you're obviously wrong. Yes, the NFL generates more revenue than the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, etc. individually but added up all soccer leagues in the world generate more revenue than all American Football Leagues in the world (of which there are hardly any, so that makes sense).
Yes, all of the soccer leagues in the world put together produce more revenue than the NFL. I don't see why that should be relevant when we try to guess which of the leagues has the highest average volume bet on its games. I don't doubt that soccer has more money wagered on it in total than any one of the three major American sports. I still have a hard time believing that any one soccer league has more money wagered on it than the NFL.

if your point is the NFL generates more revenue than say EPL in a relative sense, you're wrong as well. America has 5 times the population of the UK, yet the NFL only gets 1,5 times the total attendance. in other words, an average American is more unlikely to visit an NFL-match than an average Brit an EPL-match (or an average Spaniard a La Liga-game, an average German a Bundesliga-game, etc.).
You forgot to consider the number of games played. There are less games played in the NFL than in EPL, so your ratios are all screwed up. The EPL plays 50% more games. The average attendance for an NFL game is about twice the average attendance for an EPL game. There is a limiting factor for stadium sizes in the US, but not in Europe. Many NFL teams play in front of 100% capacity crowds every single game. This is not true for any soccer team that has a large stadium.

The EPL has a little less than half the revenue of the NFL, so we can see there's some truth that the EPL has more revenue in a "relative" sense. That's not really relative to the issue of which league has more money wagered on it, other than to beat the dead horse that the US market is huge in comparison, and that is something which supports my view that an NFL game should have more money down on it. I guess the "relative" difference can probably be chalked up to foreign TV contracts, and not to money from England itself. I mean, those foreign contract must count for something, although it doesn't seem like much.

Not sure how you measure "revenue", but I doubt if NFL-revenue is 5 times the EPL-revenue. If you think it is, I'm curious where you got this info.
The revenues are as reported. The total revenue for the NFL is about $7B. For the EPL and Bundesliga, it's about $3B. Remember, the NFL has less games on the schedule. The difference is from the TV contracts. The NFL gets a huge viewing audience. We hear so much about the passion of Europeans for soccer, but the statistics don't lie.

Now we're supposed to believe that there is more bet on a typical EPL game than NFL game because "OMG, the whole world just loves soccer!!!" I can believe that it is possible that more money is bet on a typical EPL, but it's clearly not because of the worldwide popularity of soccer, which is not only exaggerated, but is mostly irrelvant to the discussion because "billions" of soccer fans live in poverty.