Originally posted on 12/12/2010:

I'll try to be objective in what should be a cracking match for top spot. First off, I do not wager on any United matches. So you've got Arsenal on top at the moment having won 4 straight away from the Emirates going to Old Trafford where United have yet to lose winning their last 4 at home...so somethings got to give . The neutrals would probably tell you that Arsenal are playing fantastic football (aren't they always compared to Barca?) and Nasri is in top form while United are a team in decline and Rooney isn't the same so it's easy to see why many would jump on Arsenal...at times watching United, I probably wouldn't blame them. For United to win this they'll need to close down spaces quickly especially in the midfield but I look for our players to boss the smaller Gunners around which proved successful in doing the double over them last season and we won't have to worry about Fabregas. I suspect United will play Carrick and Anderson to help contain Nasri which may be laughable but those who follow United know they've been some our better performers this season. I don't think we'll keep a clean sheet though as Arsenal will be able to counter on us and that's where we've been susceptible in conceding at times. Although he isn't scoring much, Rooney has played well lately and I think this is just the type of game where he can elevate and create alot of opportunities. United have not failed to score yet in any of their matches and I don't think Arsenal's back 4 will be able to keep us off the scoresheet.

In terms of historical info, Arsenal don't have a particular good record at Old Trafford, like most others. The Gunners have won just 15 of their last 90 league visits to OT and have not scored more than one goal there in the last 26 years. With the way Arsenal have been playing on the road and United at home, and where they both sit in the table, the easy out would be to say a draw, but I'm going to go with a narrow win for United (2-1) playing in front of the home crowd and the fact that their next game will be away at Stamford Bridge so taking all 3 pts would be ideal going into their next fixture. It's a statement game and I think United will find a way back on top of the table and prove critics wrong and Arsenal are due to drop points on the road. I just hope Evra's comments this week don't come back and bite him in the arse.

good luck