Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

How Do Uk Books Have Like 15 Live Betting Events At Same Time?? : Nominated Post

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Try watching one weekend the ESPN feed from England, during commercial breaks during the NFL they are taking about the spread, totals, and handicapping the late games. It's just out there like it's accepted that people watching are betting on it. Unlike the US where it has negative mindset and Al Michaels has to slip shit in.
    Maybe it's better that gambling is more 'hush hush' and a little taboo in America. I think it adds to the prestige of betting, like a novelty to be savored. This is why Vegas is so huge; it is an Oasis for the degenerates in us; it's prestigious because it's detached from everyday life and considered risque, which makes it more appealing.

If it's shoved in our face everyday, like you say in Europe, I think we start to take it for granted and is loses its luster.

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

91, I'd agree with that most certainly. I've seen photos of UK shops and they look as innocuous and blended in as your average convenience store in the middle of a city. In America, and certainly many other nations, gambling takes a little effort to get to most of the time and is more an event. In some cities and regions, it's remarkably hard to get to someplace taking legitimate action on anything worth playing.