Originally posted on 05/09/2010:

I am posting this video for those of you who have never seen it. Much thanks to the youtube poster TRJ22487 who edited the clip and provided a really nice write up. It should make for interesting conversation.

TRJ22487 — August 30, 2008 — What the NBA doesn't want you to know -

In this version of the video I cut out all the crap and cut straight to the fix.

00:00 - Jack Wagner is instructed to "gingerly" place the seven envelopes into the drum. The fourth envelope he holds contains the NY Knicks logo.

00:06 He slams it against the side of the drum, much differently than the way he places the other six envelopes into the drum, visibly bending the corner. He has likely practiced this dozens of times to ensure he can bend the corner on cue when the time comes

00:25 The drum is rotated several times to mix the envelopes. Sterns eyes are intently searching for the Knicks envelope the entire time

00:38 Stern unlocks the drum himself, taking time to look through the drum and try to find the envelope. Before reaching in he takes in a deep breath. He spots it. Luckily the bent corner is sticking straight up in the air when the drum stops, however he sees that another envelope is laid on top of it

00:45 Stern wades through the envelopes of the likes of Sacramento and Golden State, to find the bent envelope on New York. In his head he is surely a nervous wreck, and possibly seems a little shrill by the awkward way he is forced to grab the envelope by the way it is covered. He flips the envelope upsidedown, perhaps to hide the bent corner the best he can from the cameras closeup view

00:48/00:49 Pause the video here. David Stern is clearly looking at the bent corner as he flattens it with his thumb as best he can

00:50 Watch Sterns LEFT HAND very carefully. This is the part you couldnt see in the old Youtube video. Watch him stroke the corner with his index finger repeatedly, over and over, attepting to straighten it out, as he holds the envelope up high for the world to see. The writer I showed this to was SHOCKED when I pointed this out. I had never noticed this until I watched it with him

The rest of the video is history as Debusshere celebrates and holds up the #33 Ewing jersey that we would become so familiar with for the next 15 years