Originally posted on 12/02/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
More and more privacy coins are getting delisted at exchanges. Regulation could make it even tougher on Monero.
I dunno, I think Monero will be around for a while. Binance, Kraken, Kucoin, Bitfinex, Gate still have it.

DEXs (decentralized exchanges) could offer privacy coins. I think there will be always be TradeOgre-types and other no-KYC places to pick it up.

There are those that think when people really get what Monero and other privacy coins can do, that they will have a surge in popularity.

Suppose the economy crashes and the dollar goes bust .... During the reconstruction, the government decides everyone one needs to be on CBDCs (central bank digital currency). CBDCs where they can track every dollar you spend and control your income - penalize you if you are not a good little boy.... some will tell you that's the plan already. Privacy coins could get very valuable in that situation. Sorta like the proliferation of black markets in totalitarian regimes...

Of course, the idea is to never "cash out" your privacy coins and to use them for daily barter. If you "cash out" on a centralized exchange, then they have you....