Originally posted on 10/03/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
Hey Bud,

Ohhh Oct 1987. Was a flush relatively big time gambler at the time. Bought a boat load of Fidelity Magellan after the drop. We are polar opposites as I've never been a buy and hold type. Reasonably successful market timer here, although I did sell my Magellan at some point. Probably needed the $ during a dry period gambling. LOL

Afraid to think what stock would be worth today, but probably a safe bet I wouldn't be here posting.
Madder my brother!

This is why I hold over 80 companies but my largest position is QQQ and second largest is SPY, both tried and true index funds.

QQQ incepted in May 1999 and survived dot.com burst, 08 crisis, and COVID.

SPY incepted in Jan 1993.

those two make up approx 35% of my overall portfolio

another 35% are made up of 80 or so stocks of which 60 are bluechips and 20 high growth more spec tech plays, and of course BTC and ETH

last, the remaining 30% is Cash, slowly filtering in on deep pullbacks.

i come from the Warren Buffett school so i am very frugal and while i can easily afford a Tesla or two to drive, instead i drive two paid off cars and both are very reliable and were inside of $30K

my buddies? most drive Teslas. i don't want to hear them complaining in 10Y when i am way ahead of them and not worrying about money as they are spending like drunken sailors right now.

#1 is NEEDS
#2 is Investments
#3 is WANTS

i will get the last laugh but i won't show anyone i'm laughing, but they are watching and witnessing and my blueprint is nothing new.

it's now how much you make, it's how much you save and how much you INVEST