Originally posted on 09/20/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
Yes after looking it up i realize Trump got this economy killer a job and than Biden rubber stamp this asshole. See how easy that is to blame a guy. I am still trying to identify what good raising interest rates do for a country. The one and only thing i liked about Trump was he was on the feds back about lowering interest rates all of the time (most likely because he had some adjustable rate mortgages on his buildings but who cares it helps a lot of people) while Biden hasn’t said dick. This Powell prick reminds me of my HOA association with my home. They seem to get off on raising a rates.
They're raising rates to curb inflation, which is what the Fed typically does to fight inflation.

15 years ago interest rates were at 5.25%, 32 years ago over 8 to fight much lower inflation and the left blamed the republican presidents for the poor economy.

Be ready for your party to get crushed in 2024, they've done a fantastic job of, for their political profit, conditioning the American people to blame the presidents rather than the Fed for recessions.