Originally posted on 09/15/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
We were all immigrants. Literally our decendants walked onto this land and took it from others. So unless you are a decendant of native americans i think you are basically a giant hypocrite
It's such a weak argument to base your policy on history of over 250 years ago. What happened to native americans was a terrible thing and few people would deny it, but it is part of our history and we have to accept that. Today's issue is an entirely different problem. We live in the present day, where resources are more scarce and southern border states are being stretched to their limit on providing help. Due to partisan politics, nobody in the federal government is helping them with the logistics of the situation. Obviously people have a problem with illegals crossing the border, but I feel like the majority of the population's real problem is with the politicians refusing to acknowledge that there needs to be productive dialogue (on both sides) to FIX it. I remember when the country was skeptical of ALL politicians, not just the ones on the other side of the aisle. I think the sooner we can remember that most of these politicians are simply pandering shitheads that have no idea what they are doing, they better off we will be. They play us against each other like this is pro wrestling and we keep shoveling it hand over fist. There is no easy answer, but the one that democrats AND republicans are currently providing is a slap in the face to each and every one of us.