Originally posted on 01/24/2022:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
I mostly agree with that. And I really liked the SBR business model as it grew up, and how it was run by Lou and Shari when it was peaking.

But I can also see why they think that the anything goes attitude fitted well for offshore but won't fly as well as a front end when approaching US corporate books.

I'm hoping if they see mods can address the few rough edges that they really did not like, and were a bit critical of the moderator team over, then they'll leave us be long term. And that has pretty much been done already.

Players talk looks like a primarily sports forum to new visitors now as they wanted, instead of half the top threads being petty squabbles or arguments about news and politics and covid. Would be a bummer if that killed it, looking like it's too much about sports betting.
Good post. SBR has always had the best mods. Best posters too probably not coincidentally.

There are some pretty strange things said around here occasionally. And maybe in this woke world biz owners have to be careful. But if the folks around here want country music then you play country music. It's always easier to put a square peg in a square hole.