Originally posted on 03/06/2020:

As some of you may know, I play an abstract strategy game called Hexversi. There's a tournament starting up in a few days on Tuesday, March 10th. Deadline to sign up for that tournament is Monday, March 9th. Signing up at http://itsyourturn.com and signing up for the tourney is FREE. I will be giving away 500 points to the person(not counting me) on SBR that wins the most games in that tournament. How I do personally is irrelevant. The way it works is, once the tournament starts you will be matched up in a bracket with 3 other players(or possibly 2 or 4 but most likely 3). You will play each player in your bracket twice(one of each color). The person that has the best record in their bracket goes to the next round. I don't expect anyone from SBR to win their bracket, you don't have to win your bracket to win the 500 points. You just have to win more games than anyone else from SBR. 1 win out of your 6 games might be enough to win the 500 points.

The game will not be live. Whenever it is your turn to move you will have 28 hours to make your move. Most players move a few times a day. There are currently 39 people(non-SBR) signed up for this tourney. Some are very good, others are terrible. Because of the paradoxical nature of the game and it's simplicity it's not uncommon at all for a newbie to beat an experienced player especially if they are really bad. I will charge a 1 token entry fee in this post. This is simply so it's easy for me to keep track of who's in it. Hexversi has the exact same rules as the game Othello which some of you might know. Watch the minute long video below and you will know all rules. Start at :30.

I prefer Hexversi because there are no computer programs. The board is shaped like a hexagon but the rules are the same as Othello. I prefer it if you sign up at http://itsyourturn.com with the same name you use at SBR. This game is REALLY easy to learn. The motto for these games is "A Minute to Learn, A Lifetime to Master". If anyone has any questions let me know.

Also, if any of you draw an incredibly difficult bracket I will be offering specials so you will have a chance to win points in other ways. I've played most of these people. I know who's good and who's not. I know that several of the people that have signed up are very new to this game which is why it's a perfect time for a newbie to join a tournament like this.

If you are having any trouble figuring out how to sign up for the tourney let me know. Let me know if you any questions at all. Good luck!