Originally posted on 09/13/2019:

Quote Originally Posted by egzacto View Post
Very scary actually pulled up my search history my search engine must have directed me to this bogus site even said blockchain .com most trusted site but actually took me to Blockchain.tk I entered my wallet address tried logging in then it said my account was blocked call 855 530 3108 then the guy tried to get me to go to ultra viewer .net so he could get in my account kept telling me there was a problem with my server. Later I got a call 620-644-9606 with another guy trying to let me let him access my computer needless to say I didn’t and deleted all my blockchain apps very close call to getting scammed.

If you're moving around 4+ figures worth of Bitcoin (I think you said you were buying $5k worth), I could consider investing in a cold storage wallet. Basically it's a wallet that is not connected to the internet (like smart phone wallets). Less convenient to use since you need to plug it into a computer to use, but also reduces the risk of a hack like you almost had happen.

https://shop.ledger.com/products/ledger-nano-s

If you get one, keep your backup phrase written down (they provide a card) and stored in a safe and not stored electronically somewhere. Minimizing the electronic footprint of the wallet reduces the risk of hack/theft.