Originally posted on 01/02/2019:

Pretty sad world when you have people openly gloating like that when there are people who finished below him who probably really could’ve used the bump up in rankings/prize money but you know what? Good on him or her. It’s a massive learning lesson for all of us who work here on how to do better and what we should and shouldn’t tolerate. Other than my super important and exciting tennis contests BTP is the highlight contest of our year and we need to ensure it’s as foolproof and scam free as possible. I used to have to worry about Eastern Euros trying to jack us every year and while it’s a bit sad a forum lifer would do it now, that’s obviously the way things are now so thanks for the heads up and for whomever he is for putting it out there for us to read here. SBR did the right thing I think by paying out this year despite the murkiness around it. It took me a couple of days to come to really think about it and come to that conclusion but any other alternative would’ve been just as bad as one of the fly by night dodgy books we get complaints about. One and done and it won’t happen again in the future.