Originally posted on 10/18/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
without Chicago, Baltimore, and st louis, we would have some of the lowest gun violence rates in the world so stfu. its disingenuous when people compare places like japan, finland or Austria to our.... "diverse" population.
I respect what your saying.. This isn't a gun rights or diversity debate. It's whether or not the wild wild west mentality that many Americans have about other countries is justified. The fear is media driven. Every city in the world has bad areas. Would you walk down back streets of Chicago or Detroit in the middle of the night. If your answer is no which it should be then don't do it in Cancun, San Jose, or any other Vacation destination. It is common sense. I have a home in San Salvador-El Salvador. After visiting there for over 20 years I have never had a whiff or trouble. I also do not go to the gang infested areas. Common Sense. I am not saying trouble can not find me, what I am saying is it can find me just as easily at my home in the US as it can at my home in San Salvador. What happened to Tony is he was targeted. It is a one off issue and is not indicative of a larger problem.