Originally posted on 10/10/2018:

Once the cameras are turned off and the reporters go home, it's a love-fest between the R's and D's. They play golf together, eat together at the same restaurants, screw the same hookers. Live in the same neighborhoods....

They don't give a crap about you. They only care about getting re-elected so they can fill their pockets and their friend's pockets.

They want to keep dividing the country. They don't want any one group to be too large and have too much power. So they get blacks and whites hating each other. Men and women hating each other. Gun owners and non gun owners hating each other. Americans and immigrants hating each other. Cops and citizens hating each other. Religious people and non believers hating each other. And on and on.

The more times they can divide us and the smaller and smaller they can make each group, the less power each group has.

Think of the voting public as a giant spider. If the spider decides to vote R or D, that party is in. But if they can chop off a leg here or there, they can weaken the spider. If they can create enough chaos to separate all eight legs from the main body, then no one part has enough power to make a difference.

And then apathy sets in. More and more people are turned off by all the fighting and they just tune out. They go about their lives and realize that they're doing just fine without paying attention to politics.

That's where I'm at. I stopped voting several years ago once I realized that anybody I voted for never won by just one vote. So they didn't need my vote.

I challenge anyone reading this to prove that their vote made a difference in the presidential election in 2016.

How many people are reading this? 20 maybe? In any state did Hillary lose by 20 votes? Did Donald win by 20 votes? No. Your vote didn't mean crap.

Instead of paying attention to politics and arguing with each other, you should be capping games and getting an edge on the bookies. That's going to affect your lives a lot more than voting will.

Peace out.