Originally posted on 10/08/2018:

It was a humbling Week 5 for some of us, assuming I'm not on an island.

17-0 Dolphins in the second half looked pretty good for those of us with +6.5 tickets and maybe even a little Miami ML in pocket.

An early-week lead on Titans at -3 felt good when the point spread had doubled by kickoff.

As did a variety of early investments on the Broncos - a couple 6-point teasers crossing through 3 and 7, plus some ML action at +115 - seemed promising when Denver closed as a consensus road favorite.

But it was an "Occupational Privilege Tax" kind of day in several regards, and that comes with the territory of this endeavor. Fortunately we get the opportunity to turn the page and hold steady in trusting that small edges will win out over the long run.

On that note, early openers of Minnesota -10 and Chicago -2.5 are my first two wagers on the Week 6 board. They're more of a market handicap than anything else - if enough money comes in on the favorites, there could be some maneuverability around key numbers; if not, those numbers may still hold a small amount of value as-is come Sunday. A Cleveland/Tennessee teaser has also made its way into the preliminary portfolio for this week.

As noted in the college thread kickoff, the next few weeks will be a fever pitch in terms of work and personal obligations so my participation may temporarily become a bit sporadic, but it remains a priority to keep the ball rolling with the start of each new week and to weigh in any time there's a chance to add something of value.

Speaking of value, it's on to the Week 6 NFL board....