Originally posted on 09/09/2018:

24 hours in MN

Journal entry by Mindy McBride — 21 minutes ago
Wow, a lot has happened in the 24 hours since we landed in MN ok maybe 30 hours. #TeamAndy were able to get his blood pressure under control with medication, his oxygen levels continued to remain low. The team completed metanebs (The MetaNebSystem is indicated for the mobilization of secretions, lung expansion therapy, the treatment and prevention of pulmonary atelectasis, and has the ability to provide supplemental oxygen when used with compressed oxygen.) which showed some improvements and then his oxygen levels would drop. The medical team then completed a stat chest x-ray followed by a bronchoscopy (Bronchoscopy is a procedure that looks inside the lung airways. It involves inserting a bronchoscope tube, with its light and small camera, through your nose or mouth, down your throat into your trachea, or windpipe, and to the bronchi and bronchioles of your lungs.) in order to see if there was blockage. They did suction out a couple areas but they did not feel that was the cause of the oxygen level dropping. The team followed up quickly with a echocardiogram on the bedside. (An echocardiogram (echo) is a test that uses high frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to make pictures of your heart.) which showed his heart was doing well (which was great after we had heard it was healing from the original in Las Vegas). The ICU team decided to begin a protocol that would inject medication into her ventilator and he could breath, much like a neb treatment. The doctor said it typically works for 30% of people... good news, Andy must be in the 30 percentile because his oxygen numbers look good!!

Dave and Lynn (Andy's parents) were able to spend some time with Andy today which allowed me to go see our girls! I was welcomed with the best hugs! I spent the afternoon cheering on Elsa and the Irish 8U team with Maisie by my side (or on my lap!). God is good and we continue to pray for Andy's recovery.