Originally posted on 09/04/2018:

I spoke with booya today for the first time in a few years. When we talked it was like no time had passed since we were last hanging out in philly. Booya shared a story that really resonated with. I hope I don’t embarrass ya, pal

Last week, Booya contacted his mother. The subject of Bigday came up in their conversation. Booya’s mother had never met Bigday, but knew of him from the occasional conversation when Booya told her about Bigday. While talking about what had happened to Bigday, Booya’s mother could tell Bigday meant a lot to her son, by the sound of concern in his voice and the reverence he had for Bigday. Sensing this bond between her son and Bigday, Booya’s mother reached out to her church leaders to see if they would dedicate a mass to Bigday in his time of need. On Sunday, they had that in dedication to Andy McBride.

This here demonstrates the power of love. A church congregation, whose only ties to Bigday is the friend of the son of one of its parishioners, came together to pray for him in his time of dire need. The aura of love surrounding Bigday is palpable.

Whether it’s a church congregation, or you’re saying prayers with close friends and family, or hell, you’re in your room alone saying your nightly prayers - your prayers have an effect.