Originally posted on 08/17/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
Bunch of TDS afflicted snowflakes in this thread pointing at the home team's wild pitch and error on a grounder when they're up 10-0
My favorite sports team of all time is the 2002 Oakland A's. This is the team that the movie Moneyball was based on. For anyone that hasn't seen the movie... in a nutshell... the 2002 Oakland A's were a team with a tiny budget trying to compete with teams that had budgets 2, 3, and even 4 times bigger than theirs. Their strategy... sign players that are EXTREMELY undervalued... and they did. They won 102 games with a tiny budget. They won the same number of games that the Yankees won with a budget 4 times the size of theirs. As much as I admired this team I now realize that they were doing it all wrong. Just imagine if they would have only hired people that said GREAT things about Billy Beane instead? There is no doubt in my mind that they would have went undefeated. What FOOLS they were! Below is what the movie could have been:

Billy Beane: "Why don't you run me through the board"

"Based on my calculations if we only hire players that say GREAT things about you I think we have a pretty good chance of going 162-0 and winning the World Series is a lock. The players level of skill is completely unimportant. I've comprised a list of players that have said GREAT things about you that I think we can afford. Congratulations Billy, we're about to hire only the BEST people. That is... until they say something bad about you. Once that happens they will automatically become terrible players and we will let the world know just how terrible they are."