Originally posted on 05/28/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
That is fine it is your money although like i said it just blows my mind why noone would do it. To me it is pretty much free food . As long as you like BK, Red Robin (Endless Root Beer Floats ), Dennys, smashburger,TGIF, Subway and Taco Bell. Unless i guess you do not like any of those places and i do not care how rich someone is i am telling you there is something magical eating somewhere that is totally free.

I guess to me it is like someone walking up to you in the street and saying hey-if you give me $100 i will give you $200(Or more) in gift cards . Because that is exactly what this is. That is what blows my mind.
I've never been one to care whether someone is an SBR Pro or not. But in my mind, there are only a few reasons why people are not SBR Pro's:
#1 They have zero understanding of expected value.
#2 They don't care about expected value and have no desire to learn what it is.
#3 They can't afford to become a SBR Pro. And the reason they can't afford it is because they don't understand expected value.
#4 They don't login to SBR enough for it to pay for itself.

There's always exceptions of course... but I have a hard time understanding why anyone with even the slightest understanding of expected value would not become a sbr pro. Become a Pro just once and then it should easily pay for itself and then some. Renewing is cheap compared to the benefits. Even if you don't play in any of the contests... if you are logging in everyday becoming a SBR Pro easily pays for itself.

Also, for people that don't have at least some understanding of expected value the chances of them winning money long term is almost non-existent.