Originally posted on 05/14/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
I hate liberals as much as anyone, but the SCOTUS wasn't deciding on the issue of gambling. This was a states-rights issue.

Conservatives tend to support states-rights. Liberals tend to oppose states-rights. As such, it is no surprise that the 2 most hard core liberals dissented. However, the fact that it was 7-2 is the Supreme Court equivalent of a sports blowout like Celtics-Cavs yesterday.
This was the most clearly unconstitutional law on the books, and it was by far. The law is unequivocal about this, and we even had a weird carve out (Vegas) that made PASPA completely nonsensical from the beginning.

There is absolutely no point in the 10th Amendment (yes, the last of the BILL OF RIGHTS) if you don't have even a minimalist interpretation of States rights. These justices literally invent shit out of thin air. It's beyond laughable.

Let me just point out one other thing:

There is currently a FEDERAL LAW/BAN on marijuana. Yet the DOJ under the Obama administration ordered its agency to not execute the law. That was grounds for immediate impeachment on very obvious, legal terms and assumptions. Yet this PASPA law, never made any sense to begin with, was constantly rejected at lower courts? It shows you that in law, very little sense takes place.

I'm glad that this finally was a victory for Constitutional integrity.