Originally posted on 04/23/2018:

Thanks for sharing that clamato, I've been struggling with trying to disassociate sbr and Dave to avoid thinking about it everytime I log on.

His forum discussions and writeups had quickly become the priority and majority of my interest when visiting the site. I was late to the party in discovering Dave and much like others that knew him had stated, it seems that the sports and related knowledge was just a by product or residue of who he was as a person.

I was excited that sbr had hit a home run with having him as a featured writer and wished that I could've followed earlier than when I did. He also don't seem like the kind of guy that hit cold streaks for long if at all.

My interactions with him were limited to this forum and while that limited short interaction with him over a hobby or pastime has been inspirational and motivational for me I'm positive that his writing has affected many individuals in much the same way. Can't imagine what a presence he was for those that had the opportunity to know him in person or follow his work for a prolonged duration.

His passing can be used as an opportunity to emulate his mannerisms and behavior, maybe be less toxic or argumentative and belligerent etc. yet it's difficult to not feel cheated here.

There's not enough Dave Malinskys in the world and he wasn't the first nor will he be the last but he was ours here at sbr and now he's gone. Anger and resentment from unfairness is definitely going into pocket for me here