Originally posted on 04/09/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
I've never tried a single drug & never will, but my brother was the opposite for years.

A man i knew told me the rehabs don't work & the only way to get him/someone off is to take them out to the woods, chain them to a tree, and keep coming back to feed them.

Then ask them "Are you ready to straighten up?", and when they say yes, respond with "NO YOU'RE NOT!" while kicking them around a bit while they're chained up on the ground & leave them longer. Haha
If this was applied correctly I think it might be able to work quite well. Take the TV show Survivor... but only for addicts. You could call it Survivor Rehab or something like that. I really think getting people back to the very basic elements and teaching them basic survival skills could have a powerful impact on many addicts. Sure it wouldn't be perfect... far from it. But whatever success rates current rehabs have... it doesn't seem very good. I think a radically new approach like this is worth a shot. Not to mention I think a lot of people would watch it if it was a TV show.