Originally posted on 04/03/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
Line movement is important but as you both probably know is not 100% reliable... it maybe over 50% reliable but still not enough to use that factor alone to make a pick... sports are all different in that regard... tennis is a sport I like to bet the lines as soon as they are up as there are no lineups, or individual player injuries at the last moment that might affect the pick performance...
I agree. I actually tried to bet the sharp plays before, as an experiment. It's not profitable in the long run. You are basically taking lines which already had all the value sucked out.
I use sharp money moves more as a warning to think twice when I'm on the other side. Sometimes it helps me lay off a bad bet.

Regarding the time of bet placing. I think you could make more profit with being more versatille in that area. Sure, a lot of times there's value with the openers. But with your knowledge and experiance in the industry, you should be able to make a good guess when the line is peaking for the certain market. Getting the line at best possible time is a big part of the battle.