Originally posted on 03/20/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
Come on now Shari. It's a mental health issue. Guns don't kill. Guns are needed to protect oneself against all the violent criminals and the government when they try to break into your home.
What kind of society is that if they're "needed"? You live in Canada. Other than for hunting, I've never known my family or friends to have a weapon in their home and where people store their rifles and whatnot aren't going to save them from anything. Because when these school or public mass shootings happen anywhere outside the US it's a shock and isn't considered normal behaviour from society. Nor do people try to rationalise it. Yes mental health plays a part. So does bullying and just downright being an evil person. But I'd rather have our children face someone trying to run at them with a knife or baseball bat or whatever than to be able to mow kids down from however far away. This isn't right LB and it's not about violating the privileges we all get as US citizens. It's about this is enough now and happening way too often to be ignored.