Originally posted on 02/25/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
This guy reminds me very much of our old buddy Let's go Rangers. Remember after his untimely passing how we learned that he was just trolling everybody, a talented provocateur...but when push came to shove his racism would come out. And it didn't take much.

I'm not calling our new friend The Baconator racist, but it's pretty apparent that there's a lot of disillusionment stemming from his perception that "those people" are "taking stuff away" from him.

Yeah, I get that impression also.

So many times we hear from these people about Americans scamming the system, and I am sure that happens. But, compared to the amount of money wasted and robbed by real white collar criminals we are talking about pennies. It never bothered me one tiny bit if an unwed mother somehow managed to get an extra gallon of milk for her child. Add to that fact that the welfare system in this country has been dwindled down so very much in the past 20 or 30 years. I have very little first hand knowledge of people cheating the system, but as I have written before about the lady who cleans my home. She is one step away from being homeless. I and others do everything we can for her but she is so very poor. She receives $16 in food stamps. I could not believe it. Every time she cleans for me she leaves with a half car load full of food.

Then I watch the specials on TV concerning poverty in America. I see the people in WV struggling from month to month and my heart breaks. Listen, I know that poverty has improved in our country, I know that today is probably better than 50 or 60 years ago. At least I think it is. But the distribution of the total pie just doesn't seem right to me. I don't have all the answers, I don't even have many of the answers, but I think more could be done and done without hurting the general population. I may be wrong.