Originally posted on 02/17/2018:

As I've indicated in previous posts, I am generally concerned with all of the new alt coins. There are over 1000 of them and I believe almost all will fail because there isn't enough room for that many types of crypto currencies. Take Nano for instance. Someone here liked the technology and developers hence recommended it. I just don't know how you can trust what you read about these coins on the internet. But even if they have a great concept, they are likely to fail because there's too much competition.

Other people look at charts to divine the future. That's fine if there is much history. But Nano's chart is only about 7 weeks old. There's no way one can make rational judgements from that.

Having said that, I've succumbed to some of the alt coin recommendations posted here. I guess it's from FOMO (fear of missing out). That's a ridiculous reason to gamble on one of these. But like all humans, I have emotions that lead to such things as FOMO. You (and I) need to fight emotions when we gamble, either on sports or alt coins. It's hard to do but necessary.