Originally posted on 01/15/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by Keepongaming View Post
Can't argue with that itinerary. Certainly DeGaard and Great Notion (named after Ken Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion) are stand outs. I'm sure you're aware of their work with Modern Times. Hair of the Dog is a classic! Enjoy immensely. Please report back, if you will.
Thanks - de Garde is our most anticipated stop on the Oregon Trail of Beer, but great note about Great Notion. May need to add that to the reading list. My first exposure to them came last spring via their collab with Modern Times on Effective Dreams, which definitely lured me in with the can art (currently tempting to purchase as a poster, and was purchased when Modern Times did a limited run of socks featuring the same design):

And yes, the beer itself delivered on the hype. The most recent MT/Great Notion collab, Fortunate Sun, was part of my order including Finally Open in L.A. (as mentioned on House of Yards, unfortunately the order didn't come to fruition due to pickup in L.A. not being an option). Had the order panned out, it would be difficult not to go back to the well again with Modern Times for this week's show beer given the good fortune Vikings backers enjoyed yesterday. It might even be a way to coax Dave into plugging some CCR into the jukebox.

Reporting back will not be a problem, as not over-doing it will require some restraint given the amazing things happening across Oregon's beer scene. If nothing else, hopefully some beer makes it back home to provide sustenance throughout the initial wave of football withdrawals due to kick in three weeks from today. Until then, let's make some money to pay for the good stuff.