Originally posted on 01/11/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
Big D,

God has always existed and always will. Read 1st Gen. The reason why I think a lot of people can't grasp eternity is because we ourselves were created. Our minds do not grasp forever. It's kind of like a small child not grasping how they were born, but have faith enough to believe that you and your wife brought them into the world. He or she would just accept that at face value.

I do not make fun of the Big Bang theory, I think it's an ideology that does not hold water. When I read through the pages of the Bible, I believe it holds water. One of them being the archeology that has been dug up over the years. Another is the eye witness accounts written in the gospels by different authors that corroborate what the others wrote and witnessed.

Again, I invite to read an excellent book written by a former athiest who set out to prove his wife wrong when she became "Born Again". He was a high powered lawyer who traveled and spoke to many scholars on both sides of the issue and penned his findings in the book. The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. An excellent read for people on both sides.

Take care man and you bring up valid questions but I think they can be answered .
You seem level headed. I can live with that. We just disagree. That is fine.

Again, you can’t prove the Bible to an Atheist by telling them to read the Bible.

That’s like me telling you that Christianity is wrong and the Quran is correct....just go read Quran 02:256 (Surah al-Baqarah).

There is a lot of science and archaeology that doesn’t agree with the Bible too.

As far as eye witness accounts, where is the video and pictures? Are you talking about eye witness accounts in the Bible? Again, you can’t prove the Bible by quoting the Bible.

Everyone has smart phones now. Where is all of the the video proof? If God existed, he would surely make it well known since half his commandments are about bowing down and worshipping him. He wouldn’t leave any room for debate.

A long time ago when the Bible was written, God would always talk to “one” person and that person would pass the gospel by word of mouth and then 30 years later someone else would write it down...don’t you think that is weird? Why wouldn’t God just talk to the entire world.

Basically, if God existed I would see super natural things every day when I walked outside. I don’t. Instead I see people struggling to make ends meet, pain, suffering, natural disasters, war, etc.

Show me video of a talking snake, man walking on water, person living for weeks inside of a whale, or a 900 year old person. Then I’ll believe.

Atheists don’t believe because there is not evidence. In life or even a court of law we always require evidence. Why are relgious books different?

Anyway, I’m sure you don’t believe in other religions for the same reasons I don’t believe in yours. That’s the irony here.

A lot of Christians disregard other religions and haven’t even read other relgious books or studied them. I try to read as much about all of them as I can. That’s probably why I’m an atheist.