Originally posted on 01/13/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
that will be me.

Yes I've taken this route before when I really had other things to do - so doubling up or being out quickly always had merit!

I think many of the complaints in this thread are a bit unfounded - as mentioned earlier for long time poker players here have asked to get the promotions back with a shorter qualifying etc. time, which this does exactly - at the cost of the dailies being less lucrative. So part good, part bad, not necessarily something to immediately shun.

While I feel that's the case, I do have to agree with one general sentiment. That being that SBR had to know this change would not be met with enthusiasm from the player base - after five years or so of having the same daily format, to make it drastically worse in that regard - obviously they had to know that would upset people (whether those posters were justified or not). And that being so, announcing it ahead of time as "what a fantastic 2018 we have in store for you" - well people feeling that they were mislead/that that was simply false hype, can't entirely blame them for that. I agree that the reaction would have been much less harsh if they had simply changed it without an initial announcement or hinted at what was going to actually happen without building up people's hopes (even if unintentionally).