Originally posted on 01/02/2018:

Quote Originally Posted by drthethird View Post
We all have ultimatum's to make.

- Go to work or not go to work
- Listen to our Parents or not listen to our parents
- Educated or be not educated

Your theory's weakness lies in thinking that we are equal to the creator, Jehovah. (I'm a sinner and although I study the Bible, I fail every day. I am as wicked as they come.)

So, let us imagine there is a person who is born into an extremely wealthy family but the Father believes in a set of rules. This person one day says "F it", I am doing things my way.

So the Father, says, "that is fine, but you will have no part of my wealth."

The person had an ultimatum.

The good part about our creator is grace. Not many if any of us deserve it. If I were the creator, I would have exterminated this whole thing a long time ago.

The only thing I can think of is this is a training ground. This is growing our souls, and we face daily tests.
I always find it funny that Christians think I’m crazy for not believing in a God.

Me: “So you believe the Bible to be the word of God?”

Christians: “Of course!”

Me: “Do you believe the Quran or Torah”

Christians: “Oh no, I don’t believe in Islam or Judaism. The teachings of the Bible are the only true way to know God.”

You can insert any religion in this conversation and all religions think they know it all and have the answers while disregarding other religions beliefs.

I’m like Christians. I don’t believe in Islam and 70 Virgins either. Only difference, I take it one god further.

What’s cool about being an atheist and separating yourself from the bullshit is that you can see the problems with all of the religions. The magic voodoo stuff you know isn’t real, the contradictions, the hypocrisy, etc. It’s really easy to figure it out when you see the Big picture and dissect each religion and find the problems.

When you’re born into a religion or you follow a certain religion because it’s predominant in your country, you lose unbiased and objective thinking.

It’s also really hard to think logically when you had it beaten into your head your entire life you’re going to burn for eternity if you don’t believe something. Likewise, the carrots these religions dangle like golden streets in heaven and virgins you get after death keep people wishing it were true.

I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind because I know that’s not possible. If someone was taught the world was flat their entire life and you showed them the earth they still wouldn’t believe you.

If someone is on the fence, I hope they use common sense and don’t fear the backlash from religious nuts. I feel like a lot of people are logical enough to know in their head that this shit is far fetched but they’re probably afraid to admit it.